[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Describe why this list is bad without resorting to buzzwords.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: topscruf.png (134 KB, 420x1794) Image search: [Google]
topscruf.png
134 KB, 420x1794
Describe why this list is bad without resorting to buzzwords.
>>
The Doors are on it.
>>
>>66470462
This list is not bad.

Why?

Frank Zappa is in it.
>>
But it's not bad, I love like half the albums on there. I've yet to find a list that is better than it. Also, Scaruffi's valuation system is based more on originality, innovation, and influence than it is on the actual quality of the album, so it shouldn't be judged in the same way that other best of lists are since it's not so much his personal favorite albums as it is a catalogue of milestones in rock music history.
>>
>>66470462
It's not bad but Rock Bottom is number 2 and that album is laughably horrible and basically unlistenable
>>
File: Jimbo.jpg (26 KB, 356x400) Image search: [Google]
Jimbo.jpg
26 KB, 356x400
What do you have against the Doors? They're easily one of the greatest rock bands of all time.
>>
>>66470999
Agreed, RB doesn't belong anywhere near that list let alone in the number two spot. I wouldn't call it unlistenable but it's pretty boring and there's really nothing at all remarkable about it.
>>
>>66470999
>>66471211
>unremarkable
>boring

It's one of the only prog albums ever to have convincing emotion behind it. And of those few albums, this one is the best at it and has the most successful fusion.
>>
>>66471253
>one of the only prog albums ever to have convincing emotion behind it
Oh, so you're one of THOSE people
>>
>>66471253
kek that's like being the world's tallest midget, it's not an actual accomplishment. I agree with you about it being more emotional than other prog albums but most prog albums aren't actually attempting to convey emotion. When compared to albums of other genres that are actually attempting to convey emotion it fares quite poorly.
>>
>>66471464
>implying Ommadawn, an instrumental prog album, isn't actually the most emotionally charged album in the history of popular music
>>
>>66471621
I suppose I should clarify, I didn't mean it was the most emotional prog album, simply more emotional than most. I just listened to a little bit of Ommadawn for the first time and I can see why you would find it more emotional than Rock Bottom, but "the most emotionally charged album in the history of popular music" is really stretching it.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.