[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: albums that need to grow on you to like
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: Yeezus.jpg (135 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
Yeezus.jpg
135 KB, 1000x1000
ITT: albums that need to grow on you to like
>>
>>66469532
This album got worse with each listen for me
>>
>>66469532
Loved this album the first time I heard it
>>
File: frank_zappa_jazz_from_hell.jpg (112 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
frank_zappa_jazz_from_hell.jpg
112 KB, 1024x1024
>>66469532
>>
>>66469532
You're right OP

I didn't like this until my 3rd complete listening and even then still only the heavier tracks like I Am a God/Black Skinhead etc.

By the 7th time I loved everything except maybe Send It Up and Bound 2
>>
>>66469582
He'll give us what we need, it may not be what we want.
>>
File: Garden_of_Delete.jpg (21 KB, 560x560) Image search: [Google]
Garden_of_Delete.jpg
21 KB, 560x560
this
>>
>>66469532
this album certainly grew on me alright

unfortunately it was a malignant tumour and now I have cancer
>>
>>66469582
How the fuck do you not like Bound 2? That's my favorite track from Yeezus.
>>
Congratulations.

But that's because I was a teenage faggot who loved Oracular Spectaular, to find late only because of the hype. Congratulations is the superior album.
>>
>>66470774
Doesn't fit the project at all IMO theme or sound wise

I understood why he put the dog there, to please pre-MBDTF Kanye fans, but it would have been better to just close it out at 9 tracks
>>
>>66470903
bound 2 fits the sound pretty well in my opinion. Instead of raw and heavy industrial sounds it's a raw stripped down use of a sample though. I think it actually fits really well as the closer on Yeezus and ends it with a really enjoyable melodic song that pays off after the chaos of the rest of the album.
>>
all of them
>>
File: Genesis-Foxtrot.jpg (915 KB, 1200x1182) Image search: [Google]
Genesis-Foxtrot.jpg
915 KB, 1200x1182
>>
>>66469532
P L E B
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.