[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we all agree this is his best album ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
File: theageofadz.jpg (192 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
theageofadz.jpg
192 KB, 900x900
Can we all agree this is his best album ?
>>
I'M NOT FUCKING AROUND
>>
I personally think that Illinois>C&L>TAA
>>
>>66466780
100%, but I'm a little biased because it's also one of my favourite albums of all time.
>>
>>66466911
>trying this hard
>>
>>66466936
How is that trying hard It's basically his three most acclaimed albums in order of accessibility
>>
>>66466961
hmmmm no..
>>
>>66466911
Additionally I would put Michigan between C&L and TAOA.
>>
>>66466780
I've listened to that album several times but I cannot get into it. The production and overall stylistic choice are too inaccessible for me.
>>
>>66467071
One day it will click, and then you will cry at the end
>>
>>66466780
It certainly is!

>>66467071
It took me multiple times to get into it as well.

Best track? Title track IMO.
>>
>>66467099
Vesuvius is GOAT
>>
Are there any other albums similiar to this?
Orchestral albums with lots going on and great melodies?
>>
>>66467148
Great choice too, it's the song that got me listening to the rest of the album.
>>
nah not really. Michigan>illinois>TAA>C&L

First and last track are the best on this album
Age of adz
Now that I'm older
bad communication
all for myself
are all meh songs compared to the rest. if Impossible soul was a separate release i'd rate those higher.

Big sufjan fan with over 2k plays according to last.fm and have seen him live 3 times.
>>
why are we all ignoring seven swans? fucking beautiful album
>>
STUPID MAAAAAN
>>
>best
I Want to Be Well

>runner-up
Impossible Soul

>worst
Bad Communication

>overrated
Impossible Soul

>underrated
All for Myself
>>
>>66467361
no
>>
>>66467099
Impossible soul obviously, but vesuvius is also amazing and underrated as hell
>>
I think it's C&L >= TAA > Illinois = Aall Delighted People personally
>>
>>66466780
I think Planetarium is better, but we'll just have to wait for a studio release to make sure (my fingers are crossed for at least half the auto tune from the bootleg being cut)
>>
File: 4674.jpg (11 KB, 220x220) Image search: [Google]
4674.jpg
11 KB, 220x220
>>66467609
>>overrated
>Impossible Soul
>>
>>66466780
For sure
>>
Illinois and Michigan are both better.
>>
>>66469871
typical
>>
>>66469890
What?
>>
>>66466780
No. Seven Swans and Illinois are a lot better, and I also personally prefer Carrie & Lowell.
>>
Does anyone else agree that Now That I'm Older is one of Sufjan best tracks. Some parts of the song channel his inner Thom Yorke which is pretty cool
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.