[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I think it's clear that Sunbather is the better work now
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: sunvsaest.png (118 KB, 654x320) Image search: [Google]
sunvsaest.png
118 KB, 654x320
I think it's clear that Sunbather is the better work now that we know HHH is a hack that got lucky once
>>
both of these albums are complete shite
>>
>>66466364
how does that make sense at all?
New Bermuda was even worse than TAW
>>
>>66466364
No, the reason why HHH got lucky is because he managed to make an album better than Sunbather with even less insight into Black Metal.

rollercoaster black metal > screamogaze
>>
>>66466456
>New Bermuda was even worse than TAW
not physically possible
>>
HHH>Sunbather
>>
Aesthethica > The Ark Work > Renihilation > New Bermuda > Sunbather > New Introductory Lectures on the System of Transcendental Qabala
>>
>>66466496
wrong

Aesthethica > Renihilation > Sunbather > New Bermuda > The Ark Work > New Introductory Lectures on the System of Memes
>>
>>66466456
New Bermuda is a masterpiece, which isn't the case for TAW
>>
>>66466715
at least we agree on bAesthethica
>>
>>66466478
everything about it felt just as tacked-on, difference being that the elements it used were already played out in metal(core - srsly half of the riffs sound like generic metalcore), so it's not as apparent i guess. TAW was at least fresh
>>
>>66466871
The Ark Work is the DEFINITION of tacked-on. It's a grotesque Frankenstein monster of heterogenous musical styles clumsily sewn together into a ridiculous mess of bleeps and moans.
>>
>>66466999
yes, i know, but at least it's somewhat entertaining, endearing and novel the way hunter did it, NB suffers from the same problem of everything feeling out of place but it's boring as fuck on top of it, with its stock-seeming interludes/groove riffs/meloblack riffs. if you see anything special in that, tell me what it is
>>
>>66466364
Sunbather is mediocre, Aesthethica is inconsistent. I'd prefer the latter.
>>
>>66466364
both are 5/10
>>
File: 1467757532942.jpg (190 KB, 1336x793) Image search: [Google]
1467757532942.jpg
190 KB, 1336x793
As autistic as HHH is, Aesthetica is a great black metal album. Sunbather is pretty good but it doesnt have that punch that Aesthetica does.
>>
>>66466496
>>66466722
wrong

The Ark Work > Aesthethica > Renihilation > Sunbather > NILOTSOTQ > New Bermuda
>>
>>66466999
>>66467083
how is taw tacked-on?
it's a pretty cohesive album
>>
>>66467452
The Ark Work?
It's not cohesive. It keeps a similar glitzy nasal digital sound throughout the whole runtime but that's about it.
>>
>>66467452
in the same way Kid A is, the album has no "core" sound at all
>>
>>66467538
>the album has no "core" sound at all

What? Sounds like you've only read reviews of TAW and not actually listened to it. If you take the apparent genre mixing completely at face value I can understand why you'd think this.
>>
>>66467647
I think he's talking about New Bermuda.
>>
>>66467452
I love Liturgy, but even i can admit that The Ark Work is a piece of shit
>>
>>66467647
it really doesn't. Hunter said it himself though, he wanted to have every track sound different from one another. literally only Fanfare & Kel Valhaal and Follow I & II are similar, and those are basically reprises
>>
>>66467213
Dean Blunt's retarded mustache makes him look like an old person that smells terrible and I want to fucking punch him for it, I feel like
>>
File: yhea.png (833 KB, 1279x672) Image search: [Google]
yhea.png
833 KB, 1279x672
>>66467884
try me white boy and see what happens,blud
>>
>>66467748
Haelegen & Reign Array
>>
>>66466496
So close. Let me fix that for you

Aesthethica > The Ark Work > Sunbather > Renihilation > New Bermuda > New Introductory Lectures on the System of Transcendental Qabala
>>
>>66468030
>dungeon synth interlude
>symphonic prog black metal epic
ehh
>>
>>66468123
they're based on the same motif
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.