[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does a better emo-album exist?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: msj31iP.jpg (22 KB, 334x298) Image search: [Google]
msj31iP.jpg
22 KB, 334x298
Does a better emo-album exist?
>>
>>66465089
yep, quite a few
>>
This is my favorite emo album, and it's pleasantly surprising to see someone else feels the same way. It's sorta midwest emo, but there's no childhood nostalgia or childishness, and the instrumentation is more post-hardcore/punk than twinkly. The songs are powerfully written and the subject matter is miles ahead of most of their contemporaries, tackling topics like isolation and alcoholism. Blair Shehan is an undeniably charismatic frontman and songwriter, and they're a great contemporary of bands like SDRE and Jawbreaker. Definitely one of the best emo albums ever. The follow up is more diverse and the debut is more punk, but this is the most powerful and consistent.
>>
This conversation is ending is a much better Knapsack release, this is probably my least favorite knapsack album.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXxPDqQxQqI
>>
>>66465225
I love that it's more punk-influenced emo as opposed to math too
>>
>>66465246
good album, but weaker songwriting and wimpy production. When I first heard Knapsack This Conversation... was my favorite too because it's the most accessible. But upon repeated listens I find that Day Three of My New Life has much more to offer - stronger songwriting, more powerful songs.

>>66465098
you suck
>>
>>66465384
It's not the accessibility of the album that makes this conversation better for me, although admittedly i haven't listened to day 3 of my new life in a while, i should probably check it out again.
>>
>>66465246
>Arrows to the Action
>Cold Enough to Break
>ending with Please Shut Off The Lights

Agreed senpai
>>
File: Pinkerton_cover.jpg (14 KB, 307x300) Image search: [Google]
Pinkerton_cover.jpg
14 KB, 307x300
>>66465089
Yea....
>>
>>66466534
No. Anthony Fantano says pinkerton not so great so you wrong.
>>
>>66465089

fuckyourmotionalbullshit.jpg
>>
File: 1424805805229.jpg (65 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
1424805805229.jpg
65 KB, 720x960
>>66466593
No. I say Anthony Fantano not so great so you wrong.
>>
>>66465089
no
>>
yea
>>
>>66465089
thats not The Ugly Organ
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.