[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
A Lot Like Birds
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (194 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
194 KB, 600x600
https://youtu.be/NN4YMZ7-D7c

Someone tell me why this isn't /mu/core?
>>
>>66459868
too good to be posted here

they're saving post-hardcore
>>
>>66459878
>Not according to Kurt

Michael is apparently ruining the band
>>
>>66459868
If a lot like birds becomes a meme I'll have no reason to live
>>
>>66459878
This. Keep them away from /mu/ please. And post-hardcore in general. We've got sputnikmusic and other good communities to talk about stuff like this without people being (as) retarded as they would here.
>>
>>66459868
What the fuck is it with contemporary "post-hardcore" bands, how did we get from Fugazi, Jesus Lizard, Unwound, Rites of Spring and Slint to this?

This shit isn't post-hardcore
>>
>>66461714
yeah kill yourself faggot
>>
>>66461743
At least I'm not the faggot listening to this shite, fucking finger tapping, seriously? Need I remind you that post-hardcore is supposed to be a punk derived sub-genre?
>>
>>66461714
Do research about the development of the genre i f you actually give a shit.
>>
>>66461714
modern post-hardcore is basically re-packaged "hardcore" from the past ~10 years. basically the same stuff, except with slightly more interesting instrumentation. like if la dispute was less of a hot cross cover band and more of a myspace metalcore band.
>>
File: sianvar.jpg (314 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
sianvar.jpg
314 KB, 960x960
>>66459868
reminder that Sianvar are just as good if not better
>>
this is way better

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyz7CQLu6Sk
>>
>>66461890
So can we call it something other that post-hardcore?
Like nu-hardcore or something?
>>
File: 1321413711726.jpg (182 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
1321413711726.jpg
182 KB, 768x1024
>>66461995
scenecore
>>
>>66461890
>>66461798
Retard argument
Post rock everything after talk talk and bark psycosis sounds different, so let's just call it nu-rock!
>>
>>66461995
i mean yeah, that'd probably be a more apt descriptor.

but only nerds really care about the difference between 90's post hardcore and the shit of the 2000's. (myself included)

if it isn't fast and power chordy 80's hardcore, then it's post-hardcore. like why the fuck is alexisonfire considered a landmark post-hardcore band of the 2000's. shit paved the way for myspace bands.
>>
>>66462059
But that's exactly what happened, when post-rock bands started incorporating intricate percussive elements frequently in odd time signatures they were called math rock, bands incorporating post-rock and sludge metal were called post-metal
>>
>>66462059
at the time post-hardcore was coined, it meant a specific sound, that nowadays is closer to math rock because what hardcore grew to mean changed.

the only thing i was arguing for was the irrelevance and subjectivity of genre labels in this context.
>>
>>66462027
I need to make one of these kinds of bands so I can smash girls like that, jesus fuck. She'd be cute no matter how she wears her hair, but damn.
>>
>>66462303
that is generic 16 yr old scene girl. you don't even need to be in a band. if girls like that still exist, you can esily bone if you literally just play into their fetish.

pros: you get to have sex with a dingbat

cons: you're having sex with a dingbat
>>
>>66461893
New Sianvar single out btw
>>
>>66461798
I don't understand your hatred of a playing style.

Or how it doesn't fit in a certain genre.
>>
>>66461488
same
>>
File: th.jpg (19 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
th.jpg
19 KB, 300x300
I'd like to post this for consideration

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oi8DAWKtTMU
>>
>>66459868
No Nurture never gets old for me..
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.