[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do speakers sound like without an external amp? I just
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: _1_Fotor.jpg (107 KB, 1113x1080) Image search: [Google]
_1_Fotor.jpg
107 KB, 1113x1080
What do speakers sound like without an external amp?

I just bought this and I wanted to know how big of a different there would be in terms of sound.

>SMSL Sa-36a Pro
>>
>>66458762
they will sound like nothing
>>
>>66458775
this and op you're retarded for thinking otherwise. sterilize yourself, you're too unfit for your own good.
>>
They sound amazing

Don't let the hi-fi jews get to you
>>
>>66458775
>>66458808
What do you mean? I'm totally new to this kind of stuff.
>>
Look up what amplifiers do op holy kek
>>
>>66458762

It's not terrible. I mean I have this exact thing driving a pair of floor standing Polk's and it does a decent job for Spotify & podcast listening in a small living room.

Beyond that, you need a legit AVR w/ digital outs, etc...
>>
>>66459888

continued....I have a (beloved) Logitech Squeezebox connected to this amp.
>>
>not getting the SA 50
>>
>>66458893
If your speakers have built-in amplifiers, then you don't need an external amplifier (and won't be able to use it if you bought one.) If your speakers don't have built-in amplifiers, then they won't work at all without an external amplifier.

If a speaker has a built-in amplifier, it's called a "powered" speaker or "active" speaker. If it requires an external amplifier, it's called a "passive" speaker.
>>
>>66458893
there are two kinds of speakers

self powered amplified ones, like m-audio makes them
-you can connect those straight to your sound card line out, or whatever line out you have
-there is a little amplifier built in those speaker so no need for one

-there are other speakers which are basically just speaker, they need an external amp like you got now, this will work ok if you have small compact speakers or bookshelf speakers

- in order to power more powerful speakers and/or to have better quality you need a bigger standalone amplifier or av unit, you can find those for pretty cheap on ebay, the cool thing about those if they also most of the time have an headphone out and 99% of the time this will sound way better then the headphone out on your soundcard

if you explain what the gear you already have is and for what purpose you want to use your setup, I can give you more info

ignore the newfags with attitudes, they are just insecure and they come across that way because they can function in society
>>
>>66460297
*can't
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.