[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Brian Wilson: Pitchfork Chicago edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 9
File: BWchicago.jpg (171 KB, 1262x770) Image search: [Google]
BWchicago.jpg
171 KB, 1262x770
I saw Brian and his band earlier tonight playing Pet Sounds and few other gems. I was pretty close to the front which involved 3 hours of standing.

First the bad: Brian isnt doing as well as he used to. He had a hard time with lyrics, and often sang them off tempo or missed words completely
He also seems to have no emotional control over his facial expression. He looked the same way the entire hour: bored.Never laughed, hardly smiled. But his words were happy. He acknowledged the audience a few time.

The goods: His support band is incredible. Al, his son, Blondie chaplin, and about a dozen other people made these arrangements of pet sounds pretty good.

The set list included all of Pet Sounds and Good Vibrations plus other songs, like Wild Honey, Sail on Sailor, Babara Ann, Surfer Girl, Help Me Rhonda. It was painfully obvious when they started playing Wild Honey that most of the audience never heard it before.
>>
File: IMG_1579.jpg (1 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1579.jpg
1 MB, 2448x3264
Also John and Joan cusack were there
>>
File: IMG_1562.jpg (1 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1562.jpg
1 MB, 2448x3264
>>66457878
>>
>>66457878
I saw Brian Wilson at a grocery store in Chicago yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.

He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”

I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.
>>
File: bw-mikepls.png (131 KB, 672x888) Image search: [Google]
bw-mikepls.png
131 KB, 672x888
>>66458378
>>
brian bump
>>
>>66459053
don't fuck with the formula
>>
he looks like an animated corpse

just lay him to rest
>>
From what I have heard. It seems like Brian has on and off days. When I saw him, he was pretty good. He seemed somewhat enthusiastic and put a lot of passion trying to sing. I have heard from others that sometimes he just sits there and seems bored and doesn't do much. It's a shame that this was how he was Pitchfork, but he can't really help it. The guy had a ton of mental problems and drug addictions that screwed him up. But, like you said, his backing band is absolutely incredible, and seeing the legend himself is a prize of its own.
>>
Literally never played the piano
>>
Also just saw this show, band was on point. Everyone went crazy at Sloop john. Weirdest moment, Al says "now we flip the record, what comes next Brian?" Brian has no idea and just sits there complete expressionless.
>>
I saw it last Saturday at the Rose Bowl. Brian's prefaces to the songs were hilarious.
>This next song is called Let's Go Away For Awhile, and I don't have to sing!
>>
File: IMG_1535.jpg (3 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1535.jpg
3 MB, 2448x3264
>>66459661
yeah he did something similar here, "this next song has no words!"

>>66459612
Yeah I noticed that too. Wonder if brian needs to know the lines beforehand and cant do inpromptu stuff.
>>
Damn.....
>>
File: rarebrianseenonFullHouse.jpg (431 KB, 1782x1298) Image search: [Google]
rarebrianseenonFullHouse.jpg
431 KB, 1782x1298
>>66459779
damn
>>
Why didn't pitchfork stream Brian's performance?
>>
>>66459757
I think the funniest one was just "1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10! This next song is called I'm waiting for the day."
>>
>>66459832
really? I wanted to go watch it to see if I was on camera at all
>>
File: norbit.png (39 KB, 441x453) Image search: [Google]
norbit.png
39 KB, 441x453
reminder
>>
File: norbit.jpg (128 KB, 800x1200) Image search: [Google]
norbit.jpg
128 KB, 800x1200
>>66459895
JUST
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.