[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is this the best hip-hop album since 2004? Fuck you if you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
Why is this the best hip-hop album since 2004? Fuck you if you disagree
>>
Madlib enhances everything he touches
>>
>>66449186
Freddie Gibbs' lyrics are super unique and more humble than other Mcees lyrics, just feels like it's being told from a different perspective
His flows are amazing and his voice is gold

Madlib is one of the best producers in the whole genre and offers a diversity in amazingly well made beats

And they synergise perfectly

That's why it's a god tier rap album, easy
>>
>>66449186
For me it's a toss-up between XXX and Flockaveli.
>>
File: f2d3663b.jpg (32 KB, 455x455) Image search: [Google]
f2d3663b.jpg
32 KB, 455x455
>>66449186
>since 2004
is this excluded?
>>
>>66449325
since 2005. MB, anons.
>>
File: goat.jpg (328 KB, 1400x1400) Image search: [Google]
goat.jpg
328 KB, 1400x1400
>>66449186
/thread
>>
>>66449286
I'll never understand how the synergy between the 2 was just so fucking perfect. If you listen to Gibbs' previous work you would just classify him as another one of those trap rappers besides a select few of good tracks. Madlib definitely brought out the best in Gibbs. Thuggin' and Bomb are examples of a perfect flow over those beats. Just amazing.
>>
>>66449186
Loved this album when it came out, don't know if I overplayed it cuz it's very hard to listen to anything other than deep, deeper, and thuggin but I just need the second one already, shadow of a doubt was good except for songs like packages and narcos
Fuckin up the count, extradite, Mexico, lately, and insecurities make this album better than piƱata to me
>>
>>66449404
Well Shadow of a doubt was godly as well without madlib

>I'm really fucking excited for Bandana tho
>>
For a moment I thought the man on the cover was Bernie Sanders
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.