[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does Nardwuar even still do interviews in the internet age?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1
File: nardwuar.jpg (16 KB, 450x299) Image search: [Google]
nardwuar.jpg
16 KB, 450x299
Why does Nardwuar even still do interviews in the internet age? It feels like his entire format is blown out of the water since all artists know to be as well-behaved as possible when they're being interviewed.
>>
>>66449175
What do you expect him to do? Go work at Walmart?
>>
That old Slipknot interview is still the funniest thing on the internet
>>
>>66449203
he should spice it up by antagonizing the artists and criticizing them

brings gives by step on the records instead of give to the artists
>>
I didn't think the point was to get artists to act like dicks

I hate watching his old stuff because it gets me upset
>>
an interesting pattern I noticed is, by far, the people who are usually cruel to Nardwuar are white, and the ones who are nice to him are black
>>
>>66449175
he still gets millions of views and the interviews are still pretty entertaining
>>66449782
idk i think big Sean was the biggest asshole ive ever seen, thats why i refuse to fuck with his music
>>
>>66449950
I don't think anything beats Sonic Youth or Quiet Riot. The latter literally chased him, according to wikipedia.
>>
>>66449950
Pusha T was a condescending prick Jay Z was awkward and Nas flipped out at him.
I still give the win to Blur for biggest assholes, i like some of their stuff but you just know theyre massive twats
>>
>>66450125
Jay Z was awkward cause he was obviously high af
>>
>>66450160
Plenty of people are fucked up on nardwuar and theyre always cool as shit. It had more to do with how much Pharrell hypes him up and Jay Z just cant relax and put his persona behind him a lil. To be fair the guy was super busy though
>>
>>66449782
Wu Tang were kinda dicks to him
>>
>>66450213
Nardwuar was also kinda lacking this time. He didn't have time to prepare really, so he didn't go all out with research like he usually does
>>
>>66449175
>artists know to be as well-behaved as possible

This couldn't be further from the truth. Being a dick or being obnoxious is what keeps an artist relevant.
>>
>>66451075
That's not really the way Nard interviews work. When they out somebody as a dick (like Slayer or Sonic Youth) it outs them as a dick straight up - his entire shtick is breaking through artist's personas and showing who they really are. When Henry Rollins was being antagonistic to Nard, that wasn't Henry Rollins the former leader of Black Flag being antagonistic to Nard, it was Henry Rollins the real person. Being a dick to be a dick is one thing, being a dick or being cool when someone's pulling your buttons is another.
>>
I have a lot of respect for Nardwuar for being able to interview Lydia Lunch for a full 15 minutes without trying to murder her:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E92qnnRlQ2w
By far the worst person I've ever seen Nardwuar interview. I could only sit through 2 minutes of it.
>>
People are assholes to nardwuar because they don't take him serious at all, and I think nard knows this to. But he keeps calm and doesn't do anything dumb.
>>
>>66451208
this bitch is stuck in "edgy philosopher 15 year old"
>>
>>66451208
jesus fucking christ, what was she thinking? did she not know she was being filmed?
>>
>>66451208
The thing is, even the people who he interviews who come off as dicks don't normally seem that bad. Rollins comes off as being really defensive rather than attacking; Sonic Youth seem to be joking about, but end up looking like children; Lydia just comes across as an unnecessarily mean cow.
>>66451560
That's just her shtick I think. It's probably cool when your in your teens or early twenties, but she must have been in her 30s at least when she did this, and it just comes across as immature.
>>
>>66451591
shtick? thats a horrible one to have, i get the feeling shes really a stuck up bitch in real life because she plays the role way too well
>>
>>66451666
Yeah, she probably is like this in real life. Even if she's not usually like this, you'd have to be a bit of a bitch to keep it up all the time. My point was that it wasn't her caught on a down moment or anything, she's always like this.
>>
>>66449175
Grimes and Tyler, the Creator were really chill and that got me to fuck with their music. Kenny was good too
>>
>>66449782
Wale, Big Sean, Nas... the opposite of what you said is actually true
>>
>>66451727
pretty much this, if i watch an interview of an artist ive never heard, im more likely to check them out if theyre down to earth, genuine and generally seem cool
>>
>>66451766
I've only seen one interview with Nas but it seemed pretty chill.
>>
>>66451766
wale was pretty chill, Big sean tho was a cunt the entire interview, acting like that because bitches where in the room.
Nas probably acted like that because he just wanted to smoke and chill
>>
>>66449175
That's retarded.
>>
>>66451917
https://youtu.be/UL8PuPjYdyk?t=286
It went downhill from this point, due to miscommunication between Nas and Nardwuar.
>>
>>66451208
"Gnardo" hahahaha
>>
>>66451997
he simply didnt want to talk about Ether, that was a dead topic to him
>>
>>66452101
The ether thing, the freestyle for nine hours, the microphone being too close and the trick bag agitated him a bit. I'm not saying Nas or Nardwuar behaved badly, it was just a bit awkward to watch.
>>
>>66450291
they just didn't understand him because they were old, not really "dickish"
>>66451766
same thing with Nas, not really being an asshole, just unsure of how to deal with somebody like Nardwuar because he's an older dude, he acts like Lemmy from Motorhead, stand-offish

meanwhile sonic youth, nirvana, the black keys, jack white, henry rollins, lydia lunch, blur, etc. were mean to him and utter dicks. also, out of all the people Nard's interviewed, there were two groups who physically fucked with him, and they were both indie/alt rock bands with only white people in them. meanwhile he's talked to street rappers who treated him pleasantly as fuck. not saying anything really, just something I noticed.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.