[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm about to get the Akai MPK mkll 25 key, pic related,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
I'm about to get the Akai MPK mkll 25 key, pic related, has anybody had this product or an Akai before? Is it worth buying for $100 USD?
>>
>>66445647
its shit
>>
>>66445662
why?
>>
>>66445647
Literally just got one the other day - really like it so far. Always been more into old keyboards and synthesizers, but just got a new computer so I figured I'd get a MIDI keyboard too.

So far I really like it. It is made very well (I got the limited edition red with black keys) and having the pads for drums and programmable knobs is a huge plus.

I'd say it is worth it - anything less is gonna be a crappier product and not have as many knobs/pads for customizing.

Also I love how it is just powered by USB... just plug it into the comp and in 5 seconds you're laying down instruments or sampling.
>>
It's a good budget option. I have one and I use it with reason. Naysayers will say it's shitty, and you probably don't want to use it on stage, but for recording it's perfect.
>>
>>66445647
I like the keys. They're bigger than I thought and have a nice weight to them.

It's essentially the Microkorg of midi keyboards - really solid and used by a lot of people, but tryhards will call it shit because of the price point and accessibility. It's a solid keyboard no doubt.
>>
>>66445647
If you don't have any DAW experience then it's virtually useless. There are some compatibility issues within each DAW I've tried using with this thing as well. The pitch knob is unusable, the keys are stale, the drum pads are okay i guess. I might be able to help if I know what kind of music you're trying to make and what DAW you're using?
>>
>>66445647
It's pretty good for the price but you're probably better off getting a keyboard with more keys and ditching the pads because the pads on the mpk are really finicky. Also the knobs don't really add much when making music unless you're trying to DJ or automate a lot. The arpeggiator is really bad and doesn't play in time but mine might just be messed up.
>>
don't listen to these plebs, pitch knob works just fine in ableton, it's a solid midi controller and is used by a fuck ton of well known producers / artists. also the pads aren't finicky they're perfectly fine.
>>
>>66447464
I have an MPK Mini I got for super cheap on Amazon a few years ago. Like maybe 35 bucks? Probably an old model though.

The pads are finicky for sure. I opened it to see if there was any dirt between the pads and the contacts and no there was not. Clean as a whistle but the pad works a little bit better.
>>
Just get it, midi controllers will change your life
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.