[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Other artist with really dense lyricism?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 7
Other artist with really dense lyricism?
>>
File: Bob-Dylan-Net-Worth.jpg (243 KB, 2197x1463) Image search: [Google]
Bob-Dylan-Net-Worth.jpg
243 KB, 2197x1463
I'm gonna post a couple more examples of what I'm talking about to flush out the idea a bit more.

I'm looking for artist that usually write songs that require an understanding of certain historical events or era's.
>>
File: goat sounds intensify.png (234 KB, 351x411) Image search: [Google]
goat sounds intensify.png
234 KB, 351x411
o she's dense alright
>>
File: 71WZbVhqbkL._SL1300_.jpg (175 KB, 1300x1300) Image search: [Google]
71WZbVhqbkL._SL1300_.jpg
175 KB, 1300x1300
this song/artist in particular is kind of what I'm talking about. Lots of references to historical events, social commentary on numerous era's, etc.
>>
yet another example.
>>
You know it's funny, I enjoy Newsom's music but I find her vocals/lyrics to severely ruin the chance to make a totally good song. She's just overflowing with words on practically every song and I can't take it.
>>
Henry Cow - Living in the Heart of the Beast
>>
mc ride
>>
>>66439442
I enjoy that aspect of her songwriting, but I do also like the more sparse lyrics of HooM and MEM
>>
>>66439442
Have you considered that you're possibly fucking stupid
>>
File: Residents, The - Not Available.jpg (2 MB, 1425x1425) Image search: [Google]
Residents, The - Not Available.jpg
2 MB, 1425x1425
Honestly?
These guys (at their best) and NMH come to mind.
>>
>>66439677
Thank you for posting this
>>
This might sound like bullshit but, you honestly do have to know a bit about things to completely understand some of his lyricism. Graceland, Diamonds on the souls of his shoes, The Boxer, Homeless, and many more require a bit of knowledge of time and place around the U.S.
>>
File: Graceland_cover_-_Paul_Simon.jpg (322 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
Graceland_cover_-_Paul_Simon.jpg
322 KB, 1000x1000
>>66439755
fuck I forgot to put the image in there.
>>
>>66438892
I never realized she doesn't have teeth!

That explains it.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.