[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is it a sign of autism that I listen to a really narrow pool
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (52 KB, 600x437) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52 KB, 600x437
is it a sign of autism that I listen to a really narrow pool of music? It totally alienates me how people in a club will be able to sing along to the same songs like it's some sort of collective consciousness. It's like I'm always missing the memo and end up just kind of awkwardly pretending I don't live under a rock. Do people still listen to the radio? How do they keep up with music? Is it kind of tragic or middle-of-the-road how I'm mostly content to just listen to Beatles or Fleetwood Mac or Boards of Canada or Steve Reich?
>>
>>66432760
dont worry about what the dumb masses listen to man, listen to what tickles your own ears. Part of the reason people listen to mainstream garbage is for that exact reason, they're afraid of feeling alienated. But alienation is just what happens when you're true to yourself these days, so don't worry about.
>>
>>66432820
Basically what this anon said, just do whatever, who the fuck cares.
>>
>>66432760
>is it a sign of autism that I listen to a really narrow pool of music?

As long as that pool is moon shaped you're in the clear, my friend.
>>
>>66432760
you have pretty bad taste, fleetwood mac sucks and steve reich? i bet the only thing youve heard from him is music for 18 mucians
>>
>>66433167

lol, good post
>>
File: 1462313580717.jpg (11 KB, 392x243) Image search: [Google]
1462313580717.jpg
11 KB, 392x243
>>66432760
>Beatles or Fleetwood Mac or Boards of Canada or Steve Reich
Its a "hey guys im not like everyone :( xDDD1" Episode.
>>
>>66432760
I can't believe I use to be like this
>>
>>66432760
If it makes you feel better I feel like most people listen to a narrow pool of music
But if you are too stubborn to listen to other music or you only wish to be fixated on the music you like and not spend time with anything else, then that might be something.

Personally though I don't know what the fuck normies are into, generally. I can probably find something about everybody's tastes that pisses me the fuck off but I realize how ridiculous that is so I just do what I can to see the good things about what they experience from the music that they like.
>>
Its okay to listen to a limited selection of music, as long as you're happy with it then you really don't need to change. Listen to what you want to listen to, and if people don't like you for that then fuck them, you don't need em.

> Do people still listen to the radio? How do they keep up with music?

Yeah, they still listen to the radio, its still really popular and that's usually why a lot of people know the same songs. Best place for music if you don't care about music

>It totally alienates me how people in a club will be able to sing along to the same songs like it's some sort of collective consciousness.

This statement is a sign of autism though.
>>
>>66432760

Thom Yorke has seen better days
>>
>>66432760
>s it a sign of autism that I listen to a really narrow pool of music?

no but posting here really hurt your chances of being a normal person tho
>>
>>66433192
yeah op is most assuredly a huge fag, but don't pretend fleetwood doesn't give you the good feels bro
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.