[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: /mu/ in 1966
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: image.png (97 KB, 535x210) Image search: [Google]
image.png
97 KB, 535x210
Is Frank Zappa patrician?
>>
>he fell for the rock meme
>>
>DUDE IM A GOOFBALL, VARESE LMAO

He hasn't even done LSD so no
>>
>>66429226
>rock
>meme

Go back to your trite radio bullshit you fuckin imbecile

You're probably not for civil rights either
>>
Can someone explain Pet Sounds to me
>>
I can't decide whether Revolver or Blonde On Blonde is my AOTY
>>
>>66429512
Psychedelic teenage hymn to God
>>
>>66429349
>anything that isn't rock is pop
HILARIOUS
>>
>>66429522
>Blonde On Blonde
>AOTY
>Liking sellout albums
>>
File: ps.png (433 KB, 552x552) Image search: [Google]
ps.png
433 KB, 552x552
Hey, this album is actually pretty good! I'm glad they're abandoning surf rock
>>
>>66429522
Neither, Zappa's new LP shits on them both

Music of the future man
>>
>>66429522
The fact that so many books still name the Beatles as "the greatest or most significant or most influential" rock band ever only tells you how far rock music still is from becoming a serious art. Jazz critics have long recognized that the greatest jazz musicians of all times are Duke Ellington and John Coltrane, who were not the most famous or richest or best sellers of their times, let alone of all times. Classical critics rank the highly controversial Beethoven over classical musicians who were highly popular in courts around Europe. Rock critics are still blinded by commercial success. The Beatles sold more than anyone else (not true, by the way), therefore they must have been the greatest. Jazz critics grow up listening to a lot of jazz music of the past, classical critics grow up listening to a lot of classical music of the past. Rock critics are often totally ignorant of the rock music of the past, they barely know the best sellers. No wonder they will think that the Beatles did anything worthy of being saved.

In other words, Blonde on Blonde AOTY
>>
>>66429729

it's good but its no revolver
>>
tfw no gf
>>
reminder that if you support MLK you're a fucking niggerlover
>>
>>66430766
Nah m8, this is way better than Revolver
>>
>>66430917
>69+420+1477
>not being a niggerlover
>>
Hey, has anyone been to the new UFO Club they just opened in London? There's this cool new band called Pink Floyd playing there that you hippies might like
>>
File: The_Monkees.jpg (52 KB, 458x458) Image search: [Google]
The_Monkees.jpg
52 KB, 458x458
Thoughts on them?
>>
File: folder.jpg (56 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
folder.jpg
56 KB, 600x600
man this is shit
>>
>>66431121
For a fake band, they are pretty cool
>>
>>66431105
It's literally shit
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.