[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's /mu/'s opinion of Jandek?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: 0756.jpg (67 KB, 804x804) Image search: [Google]
0756.jpg
67 KB, 804x804
What's /mu/'s opinion of Jandek?
>>
>>66428188
old man who can't tune a guitar, the memeiest of the avant memes
>>
Great I own many of his CDs and wrote to him in the early 90's. The internet kind of ruined his mythology and I wish he never did those live shows and revealed himself but I'm sure he has a reasoning behind it
>>
File: 1468546385302.jpg (18 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1468546385302.jpg
18 KB, 250x250
>>66428188
spooky fellow
>>
>>66428233
trip back on baka dog
>>
>>66428188
unironically enjoyable
its basically blues folk with a noise rock mindset
>>
>>66428268
?? I don't use a trip if that's what you're saying
>>
I really like the acoustic tracks on Interstellar Discussion, they illustrate the feeling of intense loneliness and depression really well, or at least that's what I get from it
>>
i like him sometimes
>>
>>66428188
interesting stuff, i should listen to more of him
>>
>>66428364
>unironically enjoyable
Lol, it's gotten to the point where irony is the default, so in order to say that you like something you have to specify that you unironically enjoy it. It's funny, because irony isn't even that funny.
>>
I find his stuff deeply unsettling.
>>
>>66428188
I think he's one of the greatest lyricists of the 20th century
>>
File: 0768.jpg (120 KB, 700x709) Image search: [Google]
0768.jpg
120 KB, 700x709
love his music

first track on this one is so creepy
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.