[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you guys think of M.I.A ? This was released yesterd
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: mia28.jpg (76 KB, 745x745) Image search: [Google]
mia28.jpg
76 KB, 745x745
What do you guys think of M.I.A ?

This was released yesterday:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGDhHxgY6uo
>>
I like it. But I miss when her music was more loose. I remember back in 2005 when Galang had came out and I saw it on MTV. I can't describe it but it was something more raw about it. There was something more raw about both Arular and Kala. Maya was a fun mess. And the 4th album was good but it came down to more traditional song structure and her honing the pop shit more strongly. Still not a bad album in her discography imo.
>>
>>66425944
MIA is highly commercialized now. She has high profiler pop producers behind her music to make it more accessible to the masses. A decline in quality should be expected.
>>
>>66425944
This
Her new stuff sounds good but not M.I.A , maybe it's a stylistic change and the old M.I.A's gone but fuck, the new single feels off. Probably has to do with Diplo not producing anymore

Arular > Kala > Maya
>>
>>66425861
Pretty garbage single desu.
>>
>>66425997
diplo did jack shit
it was all switch if not a different producer
>>
>>66426142
is she still working with swtich? her post 2013 releases have been "meh" bar a few tracks on matangi
>>
>>66426166
he contributed to a decent amount of matangi, I've heard nothing about them working together for this new one and the few tracks she's released definitely aren't done with him

at least her working with blaqstarr again is a positive
>>
>>66425861

she's still great - really enjoyed the new song/vid and the whole AIM aesthetic seems to be pretty fresh. looking forward to the album but not really sure what to expect
>>
>>66425861
The production is pretty based Tbh
>>
>>66425861
Would anyone else 'fuck' her?
>>
Pretentious tumblr music
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.