[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this better than a Crosley? I got it on sale at Guitar Center
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: 2016-07-15 10.39.09.jpg (307 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
2016-07-15 10.39.09.jpg
307 KB, 540x960
Is this better than a Crosley? I got it on sale at Guitar Center for $50 thinking it was time to start a vinyl collection. Impulse purchase, admittedly.

Anyway, i later learn of Crosleys and how they're trash and recognize they are configured much like muh Numark. Is it a redeeming fact that the PT01 TOURING has USB & RCA lines out as well as an aux line in (for scratching over other tunes )?
>>
>>66422479
Dude, weed, lmao. You got me so good.
>>
>>66422380
>Is this better than a Crosley?
No

Anytime you see a new portable turntable in that suitcase style, they're literally all made by the same OEM and are of the same build quality (garbage)
>>
>>66422649
To be fair, i believe this Numark thing is meant to be played as an instrument i.e. scratching. So. ... apples & oranges?
>>
>>66422689
No.
>>
Upgrade asap to LP120, then?
>>
>>66422380
Probably your turntable is still as bad as Crosley, but don't be sad Anon it will still play vinyls so you can start collecting. Save some money for a decent turntable and look for ones that have a counterweight and don't have the records hanging of the player. Impulsive purchases can forgiven.
>>
Get an Audio Technica LP60, as cheap as you can get while still being decent and not crosley. It's what I have, people over on /r/vinyl say it's not the greatest bc it doesn't have a counterweight but hey really anything is better than a fucking plastic stylus and the shit tier telephone speaker.
>>
>>66422882
what are differences between LP120 and LP60? Curious as I might upgrade in the far future.
>>
>>66422967
There's at least 5 threads a day asking that exact same question.
>>
Eh... idunno, 120 is supposed to weight a lot and is put together in a very modular fashion making it conducive to moding.
>>
>>66423001
Haha my apologies I wasn't aware. I'm looking into it now.
>>
>>66423011
https://youtu.be/XGZ6KY2ixsA
>>
>>66422943
>Audio Technica LP60
crosley 2.0
>>
>>66423611
Plug a LP60 into a nice pair of monitors and try to tell me that the $30 bucks more you have to shell out isn't worth it when compared to a fucking Crosley. Nice bait. I'm talking a decent entry level turntable a retard could use, not anything audiophile/enthusiast worthy.
>>
Post pictures of your doggo
>>
>>66422380
Lol, just never buy a portable turntable.

Go to a record shop and talk to people about the old turntables they have there. If your budget is only $50, you can easily pick up something decent from the 80s. Look on craigslist and go to thrift shops, you might find something really good.
>>
>>66422380
Don't play anything new on it if you don't want it to get damaged. Just play old records on it that you don't mind getting worn out incredibly fast
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.