[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it possible to make decent synthwave if you're a poorfag?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
Is it possible to make decent synthwave if you're a poorfag? I've only done some basic research and to my uneducated eye it doesn't seem like something I could do affordably. Feel free to make fun of my ignorance or whatever.
>>
Let me ask a broader question. What equipment do I need to make synthwave? Besides a synth and waves.
>>
As someone who makes synthwave. I can say it all depends on the software you use. I use high end vsts because I'm lazy and they're easy to use. But you can probably make pretty good stuff with free vsts. If you're willing to put the time in to figure it out. But hey that's just my opinion
>>
>>66417097
I'm just doing this for the fun of it. I also don't have a lot of cash right now so I'll make due with what I can get for cheap or free. I figured better gear would generally make it easier to get the sound you like but having cheaper gear would just make you have to work harder for the sound.
>>
>>66417174
I recommend a vst called tal noise maker. It's free and it sounds great.
Btw would you be using a DAW or using hardware. I can help with DAW stuff but I'm clueless when it comes to hardware.
>>
>>66417233
DAW for sure. I appreciate you helping me out.
>>
>>66417255
No problem m8. Always glad to see another synthwave fan. Btw here's some of my stuff if you're interested. https://soundcloud.com/dynamaxx-music-1/abduction
>>
>>66417320
I like it. Really good build up in the beginning.
>>
>>66417432
Thanks.

I've actually made some tutorials for synthwave on YouTube in the past. I'm wondering if I should do more
>>
>>66415042
Just torrent everything
>>
>>66417482
Why arnt you linking them nerd
>>
>>66417482
post it lad
>>
>>66417506
That's what I did.

>>66417508
>>66417514
They're not great but I'll link em anyway
>>
Thought I made more. Only have 1 it seems. But here you go
https://youtu.be/bv_2J6UjSno
>>
>>66417506
I was probably going to do that anyway. At least to try out shit before I give out any shekels.
>>
>>66417559
If you do torrent. Get the Arturia collection and predator. Great vsts for synthwave
>>
>>66417554
ah shit it's for FL Studio.

Well guess I'm back to crafting my own sounds manually for Reaper.
>>
>>66417624
Should I do tutorials for the vsts themselves?
>>
You'd be better of just buying a better computer rather than a synthesizer if you're poor because a computer can do more than things than just music. Look up the system requirements for FL studio or whatever software you want to use.
>>
>>66417657
if you could it'd be great
>>
>>66417803
Yeah I'll start doing that. Make sure to keep an eye on my YouTube channel. Welp I think I'm done here so I'll be off. I'm fucking tired. G'night
>>
>>66415042
you should make synthwave with 1990's MIDI instruments
>>
VERY IMPORTANT:

DON'T USE SIDECHAIN TOO HARD

KEEP IT SUBTLE

OTHERWISE IT'S GONNA SOUND LIKE OBNOXIOUS RECENT EDM.
>>
>>66417711
I have a pretty decent laptop and desktop. Although, I imagine the i5 processors would leave something to be desired.
>>66418001
Interesting idea.
>>66418191
Will take this into cooperation.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.