[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does someone play a riff and sing at the same time?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 9091441.jpg (14 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
9091441.jpg
14 KB, 320x320
How does someone play a riff and sing at the same time?
>>
By not having a mental disability.

Can you not walk and chew gum at the same time either?
>>
If you play guitar everyday for about 5-6 years, eventually you just wake up being able to do it. Its the weirdest thing.
>>
You don't just know how to do it off the bat. Fucking practice. At first you'll have to play it really slow and you'll make weird mouth sounds instead of words, but that's the first step in getting good.
>>
>>66414678
Get off /mu/ and go practice
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=How+to+play+guitar+and+sing
>>
>>66414678
practice anon, start with an easier riff
>>
I heard from a friend that Max Cavalera from Sepultura/Soulfly would practice by playing basic scales while reading aloud from children's books, or some shit like that
>>
>>66414678
iktf anon. doesnt help that im shit at multi-tasking
>>
>>66414678
Guitars and vocals are the cancer killing music

Practice to avoid both
>>
when the riff becomes second nature and you dont have to think about it is usually when I can sing in play.
I can do it on guitar but I find it impossible to do on bass
>>
>tfw learning guitar but can't sing for my life
guess I'll just stick to fingerstyle
>>
>>66418770
Sing along to songs and learn it isn't a natural gift you dumbass I say this out of love. I've been singing for a couple of months now and I've gotten progressively better. I also used to suck at singing now I'm just okay!
>>
>>66418800
I sing along to virtually every song I listen to, I have a habit of having to learn the lyrics to any song I like so that I can sing along if I want to. I still suck ass and do not sound good in the slightest.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.