[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did they feel the need to press this on vinyl
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: sn158d.jpg (3 MB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
sn158d.jpg
3 MB, 1500x1500
Why did they feel the need to press this on vinyl
>>
Bass sounds great and no I never listen to it because if I'm stoned enough to sit through it I won't change the record, big oversight on their and my part
>>
>>66411931
its such a journey when your high though
>>
>>66411903
Is this the definitive version of the album?
>>
>>66413116
No Jerusalem is.
>>
>>66411903
Money.
>>
>>66411903
>implying vinyl isn't the best form to own and listen to any music
>>
>>66413166
Dopesmoker is the exception

It is an hour long song, and on vinyl it's spread across 3 sides. It's annoying.
>>
>>66413372
True but still worth picking up for that dope-ass artwork.
>>
>>66413166
>digitally mastered albums on an analog format
>having a one-song album over 2 records
no anon
>>
>>66413505
this.

Printing something already digital onto vinyl won't automatically make it sound better. At best, it'll sound exactly like the digital version. and since this song in particular is too long to fit on one side of a vinyl record, you're diminishing the quality of your listening experience.
>>
File: why.png (69 KB, 858x1055) Image search: [Google]
why.png
69 KB, 858x1055
>>66411903
because it sells well for some reason
look at all those re-pressings jfc
>>
>>66413805
>Dopesmoker
>Cassette
>Released in 2016
The better question is why Tapes have been making a comeback.
>>
>>66413805
haha you can tell when the "indie vinyl" boom hit
>>
>>66413805
who would buy a one song album on vinyl ffs
>>
>>66413845
>indonesia
>>
>>66413845
i like tapes for vaporwave/punk/electronic/early hip hop shit where aesthetic > sound but theres no fucking reason why there should be cassette pressings of 98% of the shit out there
>>
>>66411931
You could just put your turntable on repeat and live that same side over again forever.
>>
>>66413950
Not every TT has repeat
(does the lp120 have repeat?)
>>
>>66413845
Tapes have always been around in the underground Black Metal/Grindcore/Noise ect scenes. Not enough people listen to this kind of music and most of the artists are unsigned or signed to micro labels. Its a diy thing in this sort of scene. That being said its a wannabe "hipster" thing to appeal to cucks who wear scarves and thick rimmed glasses. Its the difference between "shit, Billy. We only have $150 dollars to invest in this album so cassette it is!" vs. "omg so vintage I am a unique consumerist"
>>
>>66413845
cassettes only make sense for underground artists due them being really cheap and something physical to hand out
>>
>>66414049
>>66414109

Do either of you know if there are any good tape manufacturers to send stuff to? When I put out a tape 5 or so years ago, there was only Kingdom Tapes, who specialized in recordings or sermons and shit.
>>
>>66413845
cassette is the most metal format to release music on, it's a call back to tape trading days during the birth of death and black metal
>>
>>66414165
Not really desu. Most of them will gouge you hard. Try learning how to do it yourself, its not difficult and very cheap. There's definitely a market for DIY shit. Its small but its super dedicated.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.