[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Bands That Peaked Years Ago
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: titusandronicus.jpg (34 KB, 500x335) Image search: [Google]
titusandronicus.jpg
34 KB, 500x335
Shame what's happened to them
>>
Me
>>
>>66408735
stickles a qt

[spoiler]I liked a ton of songs on tmlt but like it should not have been the length it was[/spoiler]
>>
>>66408887
there was definitely a decent amount of good stuff on it

but yeah, way too long
>>
>>66408735
They have the gayest fucking band name ever. It was bound to happen.
>>
>>66408901
>They have the gayest fucking band name ever.

what
>>
where do they go from a rock opera though? back to airing of grievances/monitor sound i.e. sadboi anthems?
>>
File: coldplay_viva.jpg (31 KB, 560x373) Image search: [Google]
coldplay_viva.jpg
31 KB, 560x373
and how
>>
>>66408788
him
>>
>>66408735
There has never, ever been a band who ended on a high note except for Talk Talk. I used to think it's natural for bands to progress, but now I know that's not the case. A band will progress for their first five to ten years of existence, and then they'll start to decline, and the time in which they were really good will keep getting further and further into the past, and pretty soon they'll just be a shitty band that was good at one point. Trouble is, if you leave off on one album, you won't know you were in decline. You'll have to make another album to find out, and then at that point you've already tainted your legacy to a degree so you might as well just keep going. Everything is so depressing.
>>
REM desu
>>
>>66408961
what about Slint?
>>
>>66408925
Mylo Xyloto is definitely the last good album they put out. Not as great as Viva La Vida but everything after MX has been pretty mediocre
>>
>>66408961
The White Stripes? David Bowie? Eggstone?
>>
>>66408961
Always felt Sabbath ended on a high note.
>>
>>66408999
half of Mylo Xyloto is good
the other half is atrocious

Moving To Mars is one of the greatest non-single tracks they've ever made, they shouldn't have stopped making b-sides.
>>
>>66408961
What about the Beatles?
>>
>>66408788
this guy right here
>>
>>66409035
13?

It was okay but don't act like it's by any means as good as Paranoid or Master.
>>
>>66409045
Depends on whether you consider Abbey Road their true final album or not. The songs that became Let It Be were recorded before Abbey Road but released afterwards.
>>
>>66408999
No it was complete shit. Once i saw the name rihanna i knew we had lost them
>implying we even lost something good
>>
File: say anything.png (219 KB, 445x296) Image search: [Google]
say anything.png
219 KB, 445x296
What are they even doing?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7ay31B-1PI
>>
>>66408914
Should've stuck with the dirtier sound their first two records had. Once they cleaned up their production, the appeal was lost on me in all honestly.

Maybe they're even better than ever now, but I have not seen any improvements at all since The Monitor.
>>
>>66408735
Stickles a qt

Also it's kinda hard to go anywhere but down when you release one of the best albums of all time
>>
>>66408961
This ain't true. a sizeable minority of bands have ended on a high note, for better or for worse. And I'd rather have a band make a couple shitty albums later in their career, than hold off on a masterpiece because they wanted to save face and burn out rather than fade away.
>>
>>66409335
the clean sound was kind of offputting but i actually find myself going back to local business the most.

the last track with the bluesy transition and the anthemic outro is perfection
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.