[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/mu/'s thoughts on rush?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: rush.png (6 KB, 311x202) Image search: [Google]
rush.png
6 KB, 311x202
/mu/'s thoughts on rush?
>>
>>66403081
Nope.
>>
>>66403081
Moving Pictures is alright. Great by 80s standards.
I like 2112, but the concept part of that album is kitschy as fuck.
>>
>>66403081
One of my favorite bands. Permanent Waves and Hemispheres are 10/10.
>>
I can't stand most of the stuff on Moving Pictures. 2112 is not bad. I'm not a fan of Lee's vocals, though.
>>
>>66403081
My absolute favorite band from when I was 12-16. I used to think that Farewell To Kings was the greatest album ever made. And I know every word from every song from their debut to Permanent Waves but in the past 7 years, I maybe listen to a rush song once a year, Usually Xanadu.

Its unreal how into that band I was then instantly almost like gave up on them.

Saw them 4 times live though they are great.
>>
>>66403081
I fucking hate lee's vocals
>>
a farewell to kings and hemispheres are both GOAT prog albums, they put out a lot of other great stuff, and a lot of forgettable trash
>>
>>66403081
nerd version of Yes
>>
>>66405784
yes is the nerd version of yes.
>>
Pretty good prog in the beginning, became not so good like most bands that refuse to break up. They have a good stage presence. I find them slightly cheesier than other prog acts like Yes, King Crimson, and Gentle Giant, or some stuff in the Italian scene.
>>
Controversial opinion, but I think their 80s albums were better than their 70s ones. Although as with most 70s prog bands you can safely ignore anything released post-89.
>>
Moving Pictures is good fuck you
>>
>>66403081
who?
>>
>>66405882
>italian scene
So just Goblin and Frizzi then?
>>
>>66405936
Also Premiata Forneria Marconi but yea
>>
Good-to-great band.

Absolute shit-tier fanbase.
>>
File: ad_167886027.jpg (40 KB, 369x403) Image search: [Google]
ad_167886027.jpg
40 KB, 369x403
>power trio
>a bassist
>a guitarist
>a drummer

Who's playing the synth?
>>
>>66406459
Also the bassist, dummy>>66406459
>>
They're pretty good. I didn't like that they'd include more vocals on their songs at the expense of music or lyrics. They're at their best with instrumentals only.
>>
Fantastic in the 70s and early 80s, then became shit until the 2000s. Now they're just good. Lots of classic albums
>>
>>66405907

>Not liking counterparts

Nigga you're missing out
>>
>>66403081
amazing musicians, terrible music
>>
>>66403081
God tier band. 2112 is easily one of the best Concept albums of the 70's, easily on the level of Close to the edge.

And their 80's period is easily the best, compared to what the other Prog bands did during the 80's.
>>
>>66405784
Honestly, Yes is the nerd version of Rush. Particularly 80s Yes.
>>
The best Rush is 1980-1984
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.