[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/mu/, I ask this with complete sincerity: what is good music
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (153 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
153 KB, 500x500
/mu/, I ask this with complete sincerity: what is good music to listen to while tripping acid?
>in b4 whatever you usually listen to
I've tripped several times before and know the kind of music that goes with it best for me personally. Stuff like pic related: bouncy, bright, glitchy, psychedelic, electronic. The kind of stuff that lets you see colors spilling out of your speakers. Does anyone have any recommendations?
>>
>>66399868
Grandfeathered by Pinkshinyultrablast did wonders for me recently. Maybe also try Sea when Absent by a sunny day in glasgow or MPP/Painting With by Animal Collective.
>>
Harsh textures are a must if you want an actually dense trip and not just eight hours of chillout.
>>
>>66399868
Go listen to MPP, it's every indie babby's first trip album
>>
>>66399960
I said it's not my first trip
>>66399946
What would you recommend in that vein? I like a lot of aggressive music I've just never found myself listening to it during a trip.
>>66399905
Thanks a bunch, I'm familiar with those records except grandfeathered, I'll give it a shot
>>
>Turn off sound on Top Gun
>Turn on Gucci Mane
>>
>>66399960
MPP is legitimately great when tripping though.
>>66399868
I know it's not what you're looking for at all but if you enjoy Joanna Newsom she is perfect for tripping. At least on shrooms, I guess I can't speak to acid.
>>
>>66400003
it's kind of hard to rec someone who just says they like "aggressive music". please try to be a little more specific.
>>
File: Alien900RGB_CVR.jpg (567 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
Alien900RGB_CVR.jpg
567 KB, 900x900
>>66400003
It doesn't have to be aggressive. Just abrasive.

This was a fantastic fucking trip.
>>
>>66400531
oh wow, cool, thanks. I've enjoyed some black dice, how does his solo material compare? which would be better for tripping, do you think?
>>
put on Live/Dead bitch
>>
>>66400579
I like Black Dice but I tend to like Eric's solo stuff more. BD is better for spacing out but Eric is better for getting deep into it.

His side project with Avey Tare is unfortunately pretty bad, both of them are better by themselves.
>>
>>66399868
Sweet trip, washed out, youth lagoon
>>
>>66401520
The list goes on...
>>
>>66399868
Dan Deacon?
>>
Try: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JjPyoYiUGA4
>>
>>66399868

Tobacco/Black Moth Super Rainbow
>>
>>66399868
sunbeam sound machine
>>
The Feeling Store. It's a fan cut of Feels with a few EP and single tracks added, and live transitions. It's really really good, except a couple of the transitions are kinda sloppy. But many of them are good.
>>
>>66399868
Black FOliage by Olivia Tremor Control
>>
>>66399868
>Anco- Related releases

Feels
Strawberry Jam
MPP
Sleep Cyvle

also, Prospect Hummer if you want an EP closer in vein to Sung Tonges

>other 2000's core

Acid Mothers Temple - La Novia
Microphones - Mount Eerie
Sweet Trip - Velocity Design Comfort
Edan - Beauty and the Beat
Joanna Newsom - Ys
Deerhenter - MicroCastle/ Cryptograms
Books - The Lemon of Pink

>90's core

Spiritualized - Ladies and Gentleman We Are Floating In Space
Mercury Rev - Deserters Songs
Primal Scream - Vanishing Point
Stereolab - Transient random Noise Bursts/ Dots and Loops
My Bloody Valentine - Loveless

>Pink Floyd

Meddle
Dark Side of the Moon

lmk if you want recs for older stuff
>>
>>66400324
I'm not bashing it, I'm speaking from experience tbqh
>>
>>66399868
Two examples of masterful sound design:

https://youtu.be/5J-1UGpdURY
https://youtu.be/nMV4mvnKHK8
>>
Also this

https://youtu.be/c0V_x-DDc2U
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.