[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>all i wanna do is *gunshot* *gunshot* *gunshot* *gunshot*
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4
File: tumblr_nxuvzzcGXs1rthe0po1_1280.jpg (668 KB, 1280x1920) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nxuvzzcGXs1rthe0po1_1280.jpg
668 KB, 1280x1920
>all i wanna do is *gunshot* *gunshot* *gunshot* *gunshot* *gun loading noise* *cash register noise*

What did she mean by this?
>>
>tfw you will never make her chain hit her chest
>>
File: tumblr_nqcopj5jOj1sk4ofao1_500.jpg (118 KB, 421x750) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nqcopj5jOj1sk4ofao1_500.jpg
118 KB, 421x750
>>66397419
>you will never lick her abs... olute gorgeus belly
>>
>>66397394
"All i want to do is shoot you and take your money"
>>
>>66397774
no thats not it
>>
>>66397394
Murder her spouse and get money from it
>>
she wants to be an american police officer
>>
File: 20160714_174917.gif (584 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
20160714_174917.gif
584 KB, 480x640
>>66397394
https://youtu.be/o3F6HJk8xIw
>>
AIM 9.2 bnm aoty screenshot
>>
>>66398103
>p4k being nice to MIA
fat chance my friend
>>
>>66397795
Yes it is
>>
>>66397394
i-i want to suck on MIA's tiddies while she calls me a disgusting white male
>>
>>66398614
tbf MIA is not "ugh white males" type and never has been. she's actually spoken out about how annoying SJWs are.
>>
>>66397394
>black people music
>murder sounds
they´re in jail for a reason though. fuck detroit
>>
M.I.A. is a fantastic artist desu
>>
>>66397394
you have to read the next line and then it will make sense
>>
>>66398103
>new MIA album in September
Dayum I didn't even know
>>
>>66398712
She's more brown people music m8
>>
look at those bootiful perky titties...
>>
>>66398545
They've been backtracking positively on her since the Matangi pan.

Also, (unrelated to p4k) within the past year or two i have read a LOT of complete 180s on MAYA. Seems like theres a growing consensus that it was ahead of its time and its been pretty influential on pop music after it came out.
>>
The production on MAYA is outstanding. I think everyone was just immediately turned off because they wanted an album full of paper planes. But now that everyone wants their pop weird they realize how much it was slept on.
>>
>>66400407
MAYA is her 808s and Heartbreaks, as in "lukewarm reception at first but later hailed as ahead of its time and massively influential". Took people a few years, but they're finally coming round. I think it's aged exceedingly well too, despite having a large dubstep influence.

In regards to Pitchfork, I know they gave Matangi a poor score but they basically gave it a retroactive BNM at the end of the year when they put it in their "best of 2013 list". I think it was the only album on the list that didn't receive a BNM originally. So I dunno how to gauge their perception of her rn.
>>
>M.I.A. will be 41 years old in 4 days
>>
>>66399506
Wait, what?
>>
>>66400407
>>66400665
>>66400875
I only got in to her recently but I was really impressed with MAYA. I heard XXXO and saw the video when it came out and I thought "What the hell is this shit". But watching it now it seems really good. I don't know if that means she was ahead of her time or not.

I love Meds N Feds though. Fucking banger.
>>
>>66401131
http://www.miauk.com/

Album titled "A.I.M." coming September 9th. Just announced today.
>>
>>66401145
Meds n Feds reminds me of Death Grips a lil bit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmLWs-HvCac

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4CpypI7SOo

some of the GP visuals remind me of MAYA's aesthetic too. don't think there's any influence on either end though.
>>
Borders is too disgusting for me to like her
>>
All i wanna do is *grunt* *grunt* *grunt* *grunt* and a *condom wrapper opening* *TAKE IT BOY* and take all ya monay
>>
She's retiring from music after the next album. Going into filmmaking.
>>
>>66400875
It's definitely underrated but still not as good as Kala or Arular

At the time people were put off by how explicitly she was addressing digital communication as part of her identity (even though that was a huge part of her music before).
>>
>>66402165
Oh yeah, agreed. I just feel a bit more 'protective', I guess, towards MAYA because it's an album I do rate quite highly, even if it doesn't reach the (very) high heights of Kala or Arular. It's defo better than Matangi tho.
>>
>>66402028
Oh good. More shaky-cam social awareness films.
>>
karz go zoom zoom zoom
>>
>>66402404
Have you ever seen or videos m8? Shit is stylised and hyperreal as fuck. Not that grim social realism shit at all.
>>
File: christgau_212.jpg (71 KB, 212x244) Image search: [Google]
christgau_212.jpg
71 KB, 212x244
>>66400407
Reminder that Christgau got Maya from the beginning
>Maya (Deluxe Edition) [Interscope, 2010]
>Since self-made celebrities with pretensions always stumble eventually, I figure it's my place in the food chain not to act like a hyena when they do. So I kept listening, and concluded that while this is no Kala, what is? Arular is the analogy, only there she strove to ingratiate and here she elects not to--with immensely more success than MGMT on Congratulations and rather more success than Kanye West on 808s and Heartbreak. The stark beats take some getting used to, and there are lyrical miscues that still make me wince when they catch my ear--only it's been a while, because I'm too busy loving those beats and the spunky, shape-shifting, stubbornly political, nouveau riche bundle of nerves who holds them together. I admit that I'm now less inclined to hear "Teqkilla" as a lust song for her just plain rich honey and more as a red flag about her alcohol consumption. But if you've ever been a fan, this isn't where to stop. Just play it a few more times than the fools who clocked dollars for the job and you'll get your money's worth. And I do mean on all 16 new songs--three of the four bonus tracks are upper 50th percentile for sure. A
>>
https://vid.me/uImG
>>
>>66402985
Christgau is great on certain artists and shit on others. MIA is one of the artists he's good on.
>>
>>66402404
she has GOAT art direction and cinematography in her vids though
>>
>>66402985
I really like his reviews even if I disagree but god he's got such a punchable face and I'm not a violent person
>>
>>66397427
me on the right
>>
She'll win a Palme d'Or by 2040.
>>
>>66406357
You joke but a film about Tamil refugees won the 2015 Palme d'Or and before her music career kicked off she was a well renowned visual artist and filmmaker. So it aint impossible.
>>
>>66397855
nice aaron! welcome back buddy
>>
>>66406983
aaron is a fag that pollutes this board with his presence
>>
>>66406939
>before her music career kicked off she was a well renowned visual artist and filmmaker.
dont think so m8
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.