[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I never got into CAN before, I'm loving this though. >Very
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (43 KB, 301x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43 KB, 301x300
I never got into CAN before, I'm loving this though.
>Very TVU inspired
>technically it's proto-punk but sounds more like post-punk
>funky af
why didn't you tell me CAN could be this good?
>>
CAN u STOP
>>
Wtf is this? I thought it was a bandcamp future funk album judging by the album cover.
>>
>>66396380
can you drop the name i cant find this anime on gogo
>>
>The Can
>The Bob Dylan
>The Swans
>The Life Kicks
>The Radiohead
>The Ringo Starr
>The James Ferrari
>The Deerhoof
>The Deerhunter
>The Deereater
>The Lou Reed
>The Public Enemy
>The Madvillain
>The Soul Coughing
>The Phil Spector
>The Iggy Pop
>The The Doors
>The Kanye West
>The Of Montreal
>The Sufjan Stevens
>The Pixies
>The Gorillas
>The Smashing Pumpkin
>The Don Caballero
>>
Listen to their stuff with Suzuki. It's even better
>>
>>66396698
I've heard Tago Mago and Future Days before, but didn't get into them. I'll try them again though. Maybe it isn't only that this album is different, I've also been listening to more krautrock, and maybe I just "get it" now.
>>
>>66396758
do try Tago Mago again. Monster Movie is much more straightforward, but Tago Mago is a lot more powerful, at least for me. Yeah, it abandons any semblance of song structure in some places, but it's an immersive experience. Monster Movie feels like a slightly experimental 60s/70s art rock band, very much a product of its time. Tago Mago has a timeless feel. At least for me, on Monster Movie Can feels like a decent band, while on Tago Mago they feel like masters at what they do.
>>
>>66396597
>The The Smiths
>>
>he hasn't been born yet
>>
>>66397312
Johnny Marr did play in The The, I believe...
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.