[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's /mu/'s opinion on Badlands and Halsey?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 6
What's /mu/'s opinion on Badlands and Halsey?
>>
>>66395858
trash
>>
>>66396739
How?
>>
>>66396793
literally
>>
It's not bad if you're a girl in high school. Intro level generic pop.
>>
>>66395858
The couple songs I heard were okay, but it didn't really make me want to hear more, so yeah lol
>>
>>66396798
Um. Thank you for opinion, anon...

>>66396810
Hmm. I can't tell if this is an insult or not.

>>66396818
What songs have you heard?
>>
>>66396855
I've heard new Americana and colors. Should I check the rest out? I wouldn't pay attention to anyone who says pop music is for teenage girls. Pop music is fun to listen to (at least good pop is) anyone who says it's only good enough for teen girls is being sexist.
>>
Colors is alright if you play it at 1.25x speed.
>>
really bland pop music thats hiding behind a image thats just reused from shit you see from popular tumblr blogs.
she can't singhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuweYhMNZAo and before she got signed with a major label she was writing one direction fanfiction and writing songs about them.
I love pop music thats good but halsey isn't it. she's all image and music second
Lana del rey,tinashe and even britney spears old stuff like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YzabSdk7ZA
has something good going on music wise.
>>
>>66396880
New Americana and Colors are pretty terrible, IMO. Ummm. I don't know if you should check it out or not. A lot of people on here don't listen to her music because it's "Tumblr-tier" and stuff. But if you do, listen to Hurricane, Ghost, Coming Down, Young God, and Strange Love. I personally love those. However, if you have the average /mu/ mindset, you won't like it.
>>
>>66396937
I'd like to think I'm about a million times more open minded about music than most mu users lol. And I do enjoy pop music. I'll check it out. Thanks for the recs!
>>
>>66396923
Uh, I don't want to bash your opinion because it's yours, but I'd have to disagree about the singing part. The video you linked was pretty bad. But compare that to numerous of her live performances and such. She's also recorded other stuff. But hey, whatever.

>>66396968
Cool, man. And sorry if you dislike it.
>>
>>66397021
live performances with added effects of course she sings better. but thats not the point. she's a corporate pop artist who hasn't made good music atm. maybe her next album will be better
But I rather listen to fka twigs or grimes who make good pop music.
>>
>>66397044
Sure, sure. Thank you for your opinion, anon.
>>
Her music is average and sounds as if it's just following the latest trends and it just feels dull and uninteresting.

Also, her fans are the worst of the worst; they're stereotypical female tumblr users, which aren't usually that bad, but when you're reminded that they claim to be anti rape but they supported her kissing a girl on stage without concent, they suddenly become much worse. While what she did herself wasn't the worst thing to ever be done, if it was a man doing the same thing, their reaction would be far worse.
>>
>>66397141
Her fanbase is pretty fucking AIDS.
>>
>>66397194
Yeah; normally I just don't care about fans of similar artists, but her fans are as almost as bad as it gets.
>>
>>66395858
Industry plant.
>>
>>66395858
It's terrible, simple uninteresting forgettable instrumentation, weak vocal performance and lyrics so utterly terrible it makes me disgusted to be a human being.
>>
File: 1464278548017.jpg (95 KB, 750x809) Image search: [Google]
1464278548017.jpg
95 KB, 750x809
>>
Blurryface is better, no joke
>>
>>66398502
she's a fraud
>>
This thread better be a joke if it isn't gtfo anon, your music taste is shit. Halsey is garbage core and she sounds like she's constantly garbling on a lean cock we
>>
>>66398654
WUZ
>>
>>66398695
KAAAAAANGZ
>>
>>66398654
Thank you for your opinion, anon. I'm sure your /mu/ derived musical taste is superior to my own.

>>66398616
I really can't get into Twenty One Pilots...

>>66398502
kek
>>
WE ARE THE NEW AMERICANA
>>
>>66398908
I'm sure your tumblr derived tastes are superior as well.

See how stupid it is when you make assumptions like that?
>>
>>66399119
It was a joke. Calm down, anon. No need to get easily offended.
>>
New Americana is the literally most pretentious crap I've ever heard.
>>
File: Van-Dyke-Parks-in--1970-w-008.jpg (15 KB, 300x180) Image search: [Google]
Van-Dyke-Parks-in--1970-w-008.jpg
15 KB, 300x180
>>66399196
Americana is the literally most pretentious crap I've ever heard.
>>
>>66399196
It's pretty fucking awful.
>>
tfw your friend becomes obsessed with this hack despite being wayyy too old for it
:/
>>
>>66399398
bad taste doesn't discern age anon
>>
>>66399398
your friend is the new americana
>>
>>66398616
Honestly this. Obviously I don't like both, but I'd give Blurryface a 4/10 (same score as melon I know) and Badlands a 3/10 (though I haven't listened to every song on it)
>>
>>66399516
>lol numerical music ratings

makes no sense
>>
>>66399616
fact is 21 pilots>halsey
>>
>OP makes thread
>butthurt when we say its shit
>>
>>66399178
Fuck off and die you faggot.
>>
>>66395858
good singer, TERRIBLE songwriter
>>
Hated New Americana so bad I decided to listen to the whole album just because.

It's pretty awful. New Americana is a lot worse than the rest of the album, but the rest isn't exactly good either. It ranges from mediocre to godawful. The lyrics are especially horrible.
2/10.
>>
>>66399743
>more numerical music rankings

lol how do you people not realize that they make no sense
>>
>>66399695
I've been butthurt the entire thread? Huh? I think I've been very respectful and tolerant of other people's opinions instead of acting like the typical /mu/ poster and downright insulting the person. But whatever you say, anon.

>>66399700
Shush, anon. And checked.

>>66399733
>>66399743

Criticism for the lyrical content? Hmm. I can dig it.
>>
>she has the audacity to be burned at the stake in one of her videos
She's one of the most self important artists, and it's even worse because she makes mediocre pop music
>>
halsey is a pot head
>>
Got some free tickets and had a free night so saw her, Metric, and a song by Imagine Dragons. She was kinda shit but the crowd ate her up. Just simple radio pop aimed at girls. New Americans is simple Ameritrash pandering, didn't really pay attention to other songs.
>>
My little sister is a fan of her music, and even she is able to realize how ridiculously pretentious she is.
>>
she's the musical equivalent of a girl's tumblr who's default pic is a shot of her lips and her neck w/ a choker who posts a lot of color drained polaroids and probably owns a crosley

kind of like when lana released her video games track/video that blew everyones minds until it was realized she's just an industry plant appealing to the current youth culture

that being said lana is sufficiently talented to carry the faux image and she was one of the first so she enjoyed success with it, whereas w halsey it just feels like a tired rehash, especially since that aspect of youth culture has become magnified and self aware to the point that its basically a meme within itself (girls with flower crowns @ coachella on xanax), back in '11 there was still a shred of AUTHENTICITY to it

that all being said she has some catchy stuff but i really cant take it seriously
>>
halsey succ
>>
Generic "indie" nasal voice.
Lana del Rey did everything Halsey is "trying" to do but 10x better.

The first 5 songs on Ultraviolence are rock solid.
>>
Shes very pretty imo, even with her feminist haircuts but lets not forget this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxdW79uOiqc
What the fuck was she thinking
>>
File: Halsey in a Nutshell.png (27 KB, 610x278) Image search: [Google]
Halsey in a Nutshell.png
27 KB, 610x278
>>
>>66402010
this is offensive
>>
>>66395858
She's really not good at making anything.
>>
The moment I listened to her was the moment I realized that the style she uses had become creatively null
>>
>>66402010
I wonder if she is as skilled at sucking dick as she is at sucking the life out of this song.
>>
>>66402010
>feminist haircuts

Every day I hate /pol/ just a little bit more
>>
her voice makes me cringe every time I hear it.
>>
>>66404010
Found the butthurt halsey fan
>>
>>66404568
I'm not a Halsey fan you dipshit, what the fuck is a feminist haircut?
>>
File: AFan.png (180 KB, 360x360) Image search: [Google]
AFan.png
180 KB, 360x360
>>66395858
Garbage Urban Outfitter's tier music

>MFW Halsey is praised
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.