[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fuck this album
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3
File: download (6).jpg (16 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
download (6).jpg
16 KB, 225x225
It's probably the worst case of Dave Mustaine's penis-envy towards Metallica in his entire career. I'd take 'So Far, So Good... So What?' over this overhyped, overindulged turd.
>>
>>66394536
I tried listening to this album today.
I was enjoying it up until halfway through the second track, then I got bored due to the 50 guitar solos.
I'm not a thrash fan though.
>>
Every year I get more annoyed by the people who say this is metal perfection. However, it's still a great album.

I also like to place My Creation before the closing track, it's a really epic buildup.
>>
>>66394558
This is "technical thrash," most thrash doesn't indulge so much in the guitar solos. U might like Sepultura instead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRXIlm6vEBs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLvnqKOtJaw
>>
>>66394573
Arise > Anything Megdeth's ever put out
>>
>>66394573
Yeah, I've always preferred Sepultura to the big 4 (aside for my early teen obsession with Metallica).
>>
>>66394633
Sepultura, Pantera > any other thrash
>>
>>66394558
Yeah, the solos are more than a little indulgent. I like Tornado of Souls though.
>>
>>66394640
You should check out Carnivore.
>>
>>66394640
Aren't Pantera groove metal? Not a huge metal listener, t b h
>>
I'm always one for indulgent guitar solos desu as long as they're good (i.e. not GNR). However, riffs always come first for me.
>>
>>66394658
Definitely. I've been planning to binge them and Type O sometime soon.
>>
>>66394662
Yeah, they are. However, groove metal is also known as post-thrash, so I often compare them to thrash bands anyway. You're right though.
>>
>>66394536
It doesn't even sound anything like Metallica
>>
I think Rust in Peace is by far Megadeth's biggest achievement to be honest. I'd say it's less of a penis envy compared to early Megadeth albums' penis envy to Kill 'Em All
>>
>>66394726
Actually, this metal reviewer Bastard_Head had an observation that each MegaDeth album is essentially Dave trying beat the corresponding Metallica album at its own game.
>>
>>66394738
not him but link? Sounds interesting.
>>
File: PanteraPowerMetal.jpg (127 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
PanteraPowerMetal.jpg
127 KB, 300x300
>>66394662
>>66394693
Nah, they're power metal!
>>
>>66394536
I wouldn't
>>
>>66394738
It's not a baseless theory. I think Rust in Peace, while didn't beat Metallica, equaled Metallica at its peak.
>>
wow bad thread

http://www.theonion.com/article/humanity-still-producing-new-art-though-megadeths--50983
>>
>>66394738
I wouldn't be surprised if it was true.
His bitch fit in SKoM showed his main issue was that he missed out on experiencing the same level of commercial success.
>>
>>66394722

This. OP is autistic.

>>66394726

But Dave wrote / played on every single song on Kill 'Em All, and has riffs on Lightning and Puppets. I don't see any resemblance to Metallica in any of the classic Megadeth albums, though obviously they all conspired to be complete shit in the 90's onwards.
>>
>>66394771

You do know that literally everyone has accepted that entire scene was taken entirely out of context, especially as it was set up to address and give some closure to that particular rift between them, right?
>>
>>66394773
Of course I know that. I agree with you that RiP Megadeth doesn't sound similar to Megadeth
>>
>>66394722
>>66394773
You're taking me out of context. Cramming as many solos in one song is the idea of 'penis-envy', it has nothing to with sounding alike.
>>
>>66394573
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wL8GjSeo3M

my go to thrash metal song
>>
>>66394640
>Sepultura, Pantera > any other thrash

You should take a listen to Voivod, Watchtower, Black Fast, Sadus, and Mekong Delta, my dude, they may change your opinion here
>>
>>66394773
what riffs does he have on puppets?
>>
>>66394640
lemmaow
>>
i got this album in the late 90s. i remember listening to it before going to math class. i was glad it wasn't something like youthanasia or god forbid load/reload. i wasn't aware people jizzed themselves this hard over this album, but i suppose they might. i never thought of it as an especially great album, although it's in my top 5 or 10.

i just think of it as a solid thrash album by guy who happened to be surrounded by skillful musicians who got enough clout to get a good producer. although i still prefer the chris poland solos over friedman.

oh well. i'm glad this album wasn't ruined by fags who can't shut up about things before i heard it.

not a bad album for my teenage self.
>>
>>66394573
>genre is literally called trash
damn...
>>
Peace Sells is the only Megadeth album worth listening to. RIP is probably the most overrated Thrash album of all time.
>>
>>66394536
RIP is better than anything Metallica ever did.
>>
>>66397310
Nah, Killem All is the best thrash record
>>
Cryptic Writings is their best album
>>
>>66394536
kys

t. faggot
>>
>>66394558
This isn't thrash though. Speed metal
>>
>>66394752
this has the song where Dimebag sings and he sounds likes James Hetfield.
>>
File: Megadeth-Youthanasia.jpg (54 KB, 300x304) Image search: [Google]
Megadeth-Youthanasia.jpg
54 KB, 300x304
Best Megadeth album right here
>>
>>66394748
http://lairofthebastard.blogspot.com/2013/03/megadeth-countdown-to-extinction.html
>>
>>66395210
that riff at the end is so fucking godly, too bad it only lasts like 5 seconds

fortunately another band used it as the basis of a whole song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4S9v4Xly3g
>>
>>66395747
Yeah, I will admit there's a bunch of thrash I haven't listened to (like all the bands you've mentioned except Voivod's debut), but I will do tha.t Thanks for the recs.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.