[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we all agree that Edith>Alice https://www.youtube.c
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3
File: alice glass.jpg (80 KB, 447x440) Image search: [Google]
alice glass.jpg
80 KB, 447x440
Can we all agree that Edith>Alice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnqzIYZR1GA
>>
>>66394521
I like Edith, I'm excited about this new album
>>
File: edith.jpg (62 KB, 640x477) Image search: [Google]
edith.jpg
62 KB, 640x477
>>66394537
Yeah i'm hyped. Probably go see them live

https://www.youtube.com/watch? v=M7zxAI3GW2o
>>
>>66394521
sounds the fucking same
>>
I'm starting the think the dude that told her not to go feminist was andy the manager and not ethan. because like.... if it was really about that why would ethan be ok with the lirics from 1-2-3 which actually have ALOT of feminist shit in it and running away from home and stuff. imo she might have got mad ethan didn't stand up for her but it was some other cunt that told her to fuck off if she wanted to "go that way" prob some one from universal that "made the band" every one knew crystal castles was a fake band from day1 that's why they where cool trust me ethan and alice are not drug users and didn't meat in jail like their story ive seen them in the flesh they are just hipsters like any of us now and they should be treated as such. but I still think it was that andy fucker that said no to feminism he was a real bitch to me over a video that I think "contained him" once and he looked like a complete pleb who would do some thing like that. like one of thous guys that takes the scene more seriously than the issues that actual exist in it. that's the exact kinda person that would make alice quit. I assume ethan just shrugged or some thing but wasn't the oen who actually said being a feminist will ruin the band.
>>
nah senpai
>>
but that doesn't mean that pleb isn't still paying ethans checks so imo we should encourage ethan to quit and start a new project and not just abandon him entirely. I trust any one who stands infront of a crowd but thous people in the back man.. they always fucking sucked with this band and it wasn't this band being mysterious it was bullshit management from universal music group that made them that way. prob made them sign NDA's and shit.. fuck the industry its bullshit.
>>
>>66394866
what
>>
>>66394866
>>66394889
You remind me a lot of this this kid from my uni who talks about 4chan and news from TMZ all day and goes on long mongologues about why X story annoys you. That kid has downs I'm pretty sure.
>>
>>66394866
>>66394889
What are you going on about? You deleted one gibberish post and proceeded to post more gibberish
>>
>>66394866
or ethan probably matured and realized he can't let that feminist shit keep going
>>
File: FmaOuZy.gif (481 KB, 500x350) Image search: [Google]
FmaOuZy.gif
481 KB, 500x350
>Stillbirth
>released a year ago
>251,000 views

>Concrete
>released just last week
>378,000 views

Step it up Alice.
>>
>>66395015
>Stillbirth like her solo career
>>
>>66395015
well I'd argue that it's because cc uploaded concrete on a vevo-account but then again they released char just a few days ago on their non-vevo account and that's already at 160k views
>>
>they'll never go back to their early lo-fi synthpunky bleepbloop sound

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gN3s03HnAQ

the new songs sound horrendously outdated, would've been fine like half a decade ago, but come on, witchhouse and trap flavoured percussion and spooky synths in the year 2016?
>>
>>66395093
SECONDED
>>
>>66394866
>>66394889
Wow you might just be the biggest faggot I've seen on 4chan
>>
Are you... Serious?

Like sure, Alice might not have offered much to the table, but at least she had style and a personality. Edith doesn't have any of that. Her persona is literally built from Alice's. Also have you heard her sing in Char and Deicide? It's kinda tragic. :/
>>
I've always disliked Alice, I think her voice sounds pretty annoying plus she looks like a horse. Glad she's gone but I really wish that Ethan would just go solo.
>>
>>66396257
Theres literally 1000s of ethans being solo. Alice was what made CC so you know about one ethan
>>
II is the best CC album
prove me wrong
>>
>>66396507
>Alice was what made CC so you know about one ethan
lol no

Ethan's music is what's special about CC
>>
>>66394521
There's something relieving knowing that Ethan is still an untalented hack churning out shit.
>>
Best CC song?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_O2y2n4HfMY
>>
alice has sexy breasts! cool! cute!
>>
>>66396807
what the fuck
>>
>>66396783
knights is definitely up there
>>
>>66395046
CC also has about a million times the name recognition than either of them individually. If he'd released it under the name Ethan Kath would it have done as well?
>>
>>66396783
Air War
Reckless
Year of Silence
Doe Deer
Xxzcuzx Me
>>
>>66396847
what do you mean what the fuck im telling truths
>>
>>66397081
have you ever heard of the term "subtle"?
>>
>>66397210
How can you be subtle about Ms. Glass' rockin body, talent and beauty?
>>
>>66396783
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_O2y2n4HfMY
Definitely one of my favorites.
>>
I don't think it sounds outdated
>>
>>66396783

who here /suffocation/?
>>
>>66396580
Absolutely not. CC's aesthetic wouldn't exist without Alice. Ethan would not have made industrial/noise influenced synth pop without her. They wouldn't have their incredible hooks without Alice. Ethan is a good producer, but Alice's energy is what made him a good producer, made him think about different styles to mix.
>>
>>66397921
Whole lot of speculation about his creative process considering he has many good songs without her vocals.

He could conceivably work with a plethora of vocalist like Royksopp or some other shit.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.