[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>all I wanna do is *gunshot* *gunshot* *gunshot* *gunshot*
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1
File: M.I.A._-_Kala.png (192 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
M.I.A._-_Kala.png
192 KB, 300x300
>all I wanna do is *gunshot* *gunshot* *gunshot* *gunshot* and a *cocks gun* *cash register sound* and take your money
What did she mean by this?
>>
This song is actually incredible.
>>
>>66393694
incredibly bad you mean
>>
>>66393694
this, one of the best pop songs OAT
>>
>>66393706
Nope. Its sad i even have to say this, but im not a poptimist, its just a great song
>>
>>66393678
AYO HOL UP
>>
>>66393729
I believe the meme you're looking for is "poo in loo"
>>
>>66393678
It's actually about her experience of being denied a visa. New album when?
>>
What's everyone's favorite album or hers? I've actually been really enjoying Maya recently. It's aged really well.
>>
>>66393966
love me some kala.
>>
>>66393977
>Where were you in 92
>>
>>66393678
it means she wants to kill you and take your money
>>
>>66393966
Maya is so underrated
>>
>>66394240
Yeah, I was surprised by how much I enjoyed upon relistening. It's a really varied and forward thinking album.
>>
>>66393678
>I got more records than the KGB
what did she mean by this?
>>
>>66394764
You don't know that KGB agents were often avid record collectors?
>>
its a sarcastic commentary on how immigrants are seen

the clash sample highlights this
>>
>>66394805
This is why the reaction to Borders and her recent politics are hilarious to me. Like half of her songs are about immigrants lol
>>
>>66394764
the KGB were known for a progressive workspace (much like google today) they had free ice hockey at lunchtimes and music chosen by the employee of the month would be over the speakers during working hours

Putin is well known to be a big fan of the beatles
>>
>>66394841
Their large record collection compared to the US was one of the major driving forces of the cold war
>>
>>66394856
during the secret phonecall between Kruschev and Kennedy, they found common ground in their love of Genesis and were able to call off the pending nuclear disaster
>>
>>66394822
Borders is a shit song tho. It's boring as hell and sounds completely uninspired.
>>
>>66394802
>>66394841
Not sure if you guys are retarded or trying to meme, if the latter then it's pretty bad.

>>66394764
US Higher Intelligence (NRA, CIA, etc.) hold classified records of events, people that are in the interest of the government to know/have. Most of which are probably related to notions that might be deemed critical to national security. The KGB was the main security agency for the Soviet Union before it shut down. Putin is the most famous ex-KGB agent. It's pretty obvious that despite the KGB not being a thing anymore, there are probably large amounts of records related to the agency, held by the US govt's national security agencies.

In the case of the line you asked about: MIA is referencing that she is notorious to an even greater extend than the KGB to US gov't national security. She's implying agencies like the CIA and NRA hold in their inventory more records of her profile than they do for the KGB collectively.
>>
>>66395064
It's also a pun, as she sells records for a living. It's a clever line.
>>
>>66394240
>tfw this album gets panned meanwhile death grips do the exact same and they get praise

:(
>>
>song is called "Bamboo Banga"
>it's actually a banger
>>
threadly reminder she warned us all
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sa8hXJowm_M
>>
>>66393678
I think that particular part was about getting caught in war as a child, she was shot at and her home ransacked. The verses explain her process of leaving Sri Lanka and the chorus explains why she has to, as well as makes her sound super tough and it's catchy.
>>
>>66393807
Her new album is out September 9th
>>
>>66397543
I hope she leaks it like she's been saying
>>
>>66393728
I agree, I actually really like that song. I have a hardon for gunshots in songs though, not sure why

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvO1r1EAhqw
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.