[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sometimes I don't know if my opinions are my own or ones
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
Sometimes I don't know if my opinions are my own or ones derived from the meta. For example, I used to post about Childish Gambino alot, but people kept saying mean things so I stopped posting it. Now I don't like it as much. It would be simple to say the meta affected me, yet may it not also be the other way around? By posting Childish Gambino so much I created the anti-Gambino meta at the time. I think now that the effect of myself pales in comparison to my effect on the meta. Since that time I have been fascinated with memes, meta and psychology..I have been working tirelessly to affect the meta in such a way to have my own opinions more represented. The only thing I worry about, still, is that my opinions are themselves the product of meta.
>>
wat
>>
good. get the clams
>>
it still sucks
>>
Don't be a fucking sheep, OP.
>>
>>66393565
are you okay man
>>
>>66393794
But what if I can be both the shepherd and the sheep?
>>
>>66393893
damn...
>>
Go get some sleep, OP.
>>
>>66393565
stop doing drugs as often op, stop coming to this shit board, i only come here like once in a month when something i like should come out just to get a quick download link or post in a thread about it, i used to be like you and was influenced, but then i decided that everyone's just retarded except me
P.S. i like gambino don't feel ashamed
>>
>>66393565
It's good you're trying to be this self aware dude, but don't forget that nobody can ever be truly self aware.
It's bizarre but nobody's opinions really do seem to come from anywhere but from other places, I feel like. At this point though, for me at least, I'm doing what I can to keep /mu/ from being the place that my opinions come from (which I'm doing a terrible job at, and plus many come from bullshit like scaruffi as well). All I can really say though is to not let yourself become too wrapped up in it, it isn't something that is good to be affected by (which you are aware of) but don't let yourself become too much a part of the system at least.
>>
>>66394467
That self awareness bit is what wittgenstein defended, you can never percieve yourself completely, your scope is always more limited than what you are, your mind doesnt work outside its limits, the same way we cant percieve anything outside of the universe without leaving it
>>
>>66393565
If you follow someone taste against your own, you really deserve to end your life right now.
So what no ones likes what you like? You want to follow other opinion to follow a meta? Fuck you.
>>
I understand what you're saying and it makes complete sense. There's definitely some sort of strange psychology to study into around these parts when it comes to what is deemed as higher quality or not and all the rest.
>>
because the internet is a good album
>>
>>66393565
Take a break, OP.
And don't let this shitty ass board affect your taste in music.
Gambino is a great artist. He's my favorite, actually.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.