[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wayne Coyne is so cool
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: image.png (1 MB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 750x1334
Wayne Coyne is so cool
>>
>>66389875
He's so fucking annoying. He's ruined the Flaming Lips for me. What a disappointment. I can't even enjoy their 1990-2002 output anymore.
>>
>>66390070
You're just jealous
>>
>>66390335
Then why wasn't I jealous of him when he was making legitimately good music and was an intelligent, likable, and inspiring person? Why am I only jealous of him now that he's lost all these things?
>>
>>66390070
>>66390490
He's just goofing. There's absolutely nothing wrong with an older dude wanting to goof for fun. He's still the same guy that he was years ago. Watch modern interviews with him, he hasn't changed. I'm surprised that someone who likes the Flaming Lips, a band that is constantly changing their style, cares so much about their image. I bet you also don't like when they had a stoner/acid rocker image either, like that actually effects them as people.
>>
>>66390551
>I bet you also don't like when they had a stoner/acid rocker image either, like that actually effects them as people.
I love their early drugged out freak image they had on their early records, but that felt like it was progressing to something. This feels like a decline.
>>
>>66390551
>making a bullshit image for ourselves for 20 years straight
>doesn't affect us as people, somehow
>hasn't changed
>we're fresh and relevant!
The creative juices faded years ago, taking randum instagrams and being eccentric doesnt qualify anything.
>>
>>66390630
>>66390665
My point was that image doesn't matter unless you care more about image than the music. I don't really care if a band is relevant or fresh, or trying to be for that matter. I'm still interested in the Flaming Lips because I like their music.
>>
>>66390704
their music sucks

they made one good album, the soft buelltin, and thats it
>>
>>66390704
The thing is, this is the first point where their image - Wayne's anyway - has detracted from the music. At this point the music feels almost secondary to everything they do. The gimmick or the novelty is at the forefront, and the music is just backing it up. This has never bee the case with them before. In 1999, Wayne said something to the effect of, "Why run around naked banging on pots and pans when you can get the same effect sitting down in a studio, fully clothed?" In 2015 they toured naked with Miley Cyrus.
>>
>>66390751
You got it wrong, Embryonic is the answer given by people who think the Flaming Lips only did one good album. If you knew the Soft Bulletin was good, you may as well also like Clouds Taste Metallic, Zaireeka, and Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots, because those albums were almost as excellent.
>>
>>66390878
I think you're failing to see the problem. You are caring way too much about the image. I saw The Flaming Lips live in 2014 and it didn't feel wrong it didn't feel fake, it didn't feel image driven. Everyone, not just Wayne, was dressed up goofy, there were tentacles hanging from the ceiling, people came out in big zany caterpillar costumes, at one point one person came out dressed like the sun, during the Terror songs this gigantic sparkling cube came on stage and Wayne climbed up on it and sang holding a fake baby. All the while, the performances were real, done with passion. The theatrics were nice, but I was there for the whole experience, the performance. Music + theatrics. That show didn't feel that much different from when I saw them on the Soft Bulletin tour. It's just a more extravagant version. Wayne had a fucking gong on stage that he would smash during a bunch of songs, and a theremin that he'd randomly solo with, and confetti, balloons, hand puppets. Not much has changed.

I seriously don't know where you're coming from. I think you're focusing way to much on them as people and not as artists. Base level fans, hyper normalized people with little understanding of music and very mainstream tastes are drawn to things, or turned off by their image. Don't let yourself be one of those people.
>>
>>66391120
Dide
>>
>>66391120
That's what he's saying, though. The MTV/Cyrus stuff is a gimmick and the music has become secondary. If they were really focused on the music they wouldn't try so hard to pander to the youth.
>>
>>66391120
Why the fuck do you keep bringing up image? Is it because that's what you want me to talk about so that you can refute me? I specifically said in my last post that their gimmicks and novelty is interfering with their music. It's overshadowing it instead of working with it to produce something interesting. Whatever, I might as well not argue with you, because if you don't see a problem with what I'm saying, you'll just act like I said something for you to disagree with.
>>
He fucks Miley and that's very uncool.
>>
>>66389875
this dude is the definition of a midlife crisis
>>
>>66390335
>>66391384
stop pretending to be me

>>66393080
i won't be around much longer ya know. im just trying to make the most of the time i have left. what's wrong with that?
>>
File: 36.png (116 KB, 275x275) Image search: [Google]
36.png
116 KB, 275x275
>>66393111
Wow, you really are Wayne Coyne.
>>
>>66390070
fuck off steve
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.