[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>>girlfriend bought me a fucking crosley for my birthday,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4
File: 81H7Feuv8BL._SL1500_.jpg (129 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
81H7Feuv8BL._SL1500_.jpg
129 KB, 1500x1500
>>girlfriend bought me a fucking crosley for my birthday, bc she knew i wanted to get into vinyl
>>feel shitty, but i need a new one asap, bc this one is literal garbage

so, i know the at-lp120 is hailed as a great starter tt, but what about the lp60?

it's 1/3 of the cost, made by the same brand though, so is it comparable? help me out /mu/
>>
>>66388196
i tried to sell an lp60 for $50 on ebay

didn't even get any watchers
>>
LP60 has no counter weight but if you're not listening to records constantly it's a great starter
>>
File: base-3-L.png (2 MB, 1600x1100) Image search: [Google]
base-3-L.png
2 MB, 1600x1100
Grand Class
SL-1200GAE
>>
have you checked out r/vinyl? they actually have some pretty solid threads and a thorough wiki on buying new/used turntables
>>
>>66388196
>girlfriend bought me a fucking crosley for my birthday
sure she did.
kek

lp60 is literally a crosley

also this
>>66388327
go to r/vinyl way more useful than /mu/
>>
>>66388593
alright, thanks.

>lp60 is literally a crosley
lp120 still an option though?
>>
Get a pro-ject
>>
>>66388196
the only benefit an lp 60 has over a crosley is it has a stable surface to put your records on. That's it. I wanted to get into vinyl but then I discovered the costs far outweigh the benefits and since because I'm not an engineer I'm not a richfag so yeah
>>
>>66388663
lp120 is great
>>
>>66388663
>>66388885
lp120 is just ok and thats what you'll get a budget TT that is only alright
>>
>>66388196
Ignore this faggot >>66388593

My girlfriend also bought a shitty Crosley, and like you I opted to get something else. I started out with an LP60 before upgrading a year later, and it was absolutely fine. Didn't do any damage to my records, sounds fine as long as it's hooked up to some decent speakers. It's a perfectly decent barebones starter table, and is in no way anywhere near as bad as Crosleys.
>>
>>66388229
link?

I'll buy it off you
>>
>>66388196
Just buy vintage, how hard is it for you fags to understand
>>
>>66389196
>the LP60 isn't bad I swear
>it doesn't have a counterweight but i swear it's ok
>>
>>66389293
>all tables with a counterweight are good
>all tables without a counterweight are bad
And just like that, you gave away the fact you know nothing about turntables except what you've heard on /mu/.
>>
>>66389196
you're fucking stupid
lp60 has no tracking force and because it's spring loaded, the tracking force can vary they track higher than 3 even though they are designed not to.

The needle, cart, tonearm, platter, casing and built-in preamp are all complete shit
>>
>>66389314
Not all tables with a counterweight are good, but all tables without a counterweight are garbage.
>>
File: 1467944376131.gif (1 MB, 477x268) Image search: [Google]
1467944376131.gif
1 MB, 477x268
>>66388196
I hope you guys know that if you are younger than 50 owning one of these makes you a poser.
>>
>>66390040
Untrue.
>>
>>66391564
Keep trying to justify your purchase anon, it really supports your argument
>>
>>66391619
I moved on from the LP60 a long time ago. I'm speaking from the experience of having owned and played many records on one with no adverse effects, and found it to be a perfectly serviceable beginner table for someone wanting to test the waters.

Meanwhile, you're clearly regurgitating whatever you've heard here.
>>
>>66390040
This. A counterweight is pretty much the most essential part of a decent turntable.
>>
>>66388721
False. Crosley uses a plastic needle. LP60 does not.
>>
>>66391881
also uses a ceramic cartridge, lp60 uses magnetic
>>
>girlfriend buys you shit you don't want

do you people even talk to your significant others? my ex never gave me dumb shit i didn't like for my birthday, because i literally told what i do and don't like, and my general rule of thumb is just give me cash or a face fucking card.
>>
>>66392459
My gf still plans on buying Dr Dre Beats despite me telling her about how bad they are and all the better options. Her response is that she wants them for the name.
>>
>>66392527
you mean, she's buying herself beats? why do you do care then? if she wants to be a pleb, let her be a pleb. if she's buying them for YOU, well you at least already told her beforehand you don't want them, it's on her if she finds them unopened sitting in the closet collecting dust. and if that is the case, i'm sure you already know this relationship is doomed.
>>
>>66388306
What price world peace?
>>
>>66392459
facefucking card, eh?
>>
>>66393222
yeah. she didn't care much for it but we'd usually go even steven about it. i'd fuck her mouth in the tub, cum as she vomits and i'd reciprocate by eating her out until she'd come.
>>
>>66394137
i don't know why i switched between cum and come.
>>
>>66388196
The amount of genuine threads like this are fucking hilarious, it's like this is a common problem.
>>
I've had an LP60 for over a year and it's been fine. I don't play records constantly and I'm not a pretentious douche of an audiophile but I do enjoy listening to music. I definitely recommend it as a starter.
>>
Can you do some looking around? I got a Pioneer table from the early 70s for free just by looking around.
>>
File: TURNTABLE GUIDE.jpg (2 MB, 3000x1500) Image search: [Google]
TURNTABLE GUIDE.jpg
2 MB, 3000x1500
>>66395861
i made a guide but it needs some work
>>
>>66388663
lp120 is literally a cheap technics knockoff
>>
>>66397998
it's way better than a lp60 though
but yea i would get something else with out a built in pre amp.
>>
>>66399544
It's almost as good as the technics.
it only loses out on it, because it doesn't have the same legacy and it's plastic instead of metal.
>>
>>can you guys tell me about the Numark pt101 touring? It appears to be the same package as the crosley. Is it trash too? Is that why the wife shows no interest in this gift i got her? Does the fact that it has a headphone jack and RCA line outs redeem it some as it may be played with bookshelf speakers?
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.