[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Campfire Songs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
Hardcore Animal Collective fans: Is this your favourite or one of your favourite albums by the group? If so, please explain why. I've always wanted to like it more than I did, although I have some appreciation for it.

Also AnCo general
>>
>>66387779
hardcore anco fan here.
of their worst albums for sure, only pw manages to be worse
>>
i love Campfire Songs, it's atmospheric and beautiful and warm, definitely in my top 5 releases by them

it's good to put on and just drift in and out of sleep to
>>
Best AnCo album imo

atmospheric, comfy and has a lot of emotional intensity for whats basically a bunch of acoustic jams
>>
File: panda-ashketchum.jpg (1 MB, 1553x1200) Image search: [Google]
panda-ashketchum.jpg
1 MB, 1553x1200
all their albums are great honestly. I love campfire songs for the layered guitar playing, it's very beautiful and has nice textural qualities. the way they move seamlessly between chords and melodies, it's hazy and cathartic. also the vocal techniques are so light, and they blend right into the guitars.

>>66387809
both albums are great tho friend :)
>>
>>66388073
true. campfire songs is only a 6.5/10 imo, which is pretty weak for the band

would be above average for anyone else desu
>>
>>66387779
Yes it my favorite, next to HCTI. I know that they were going in with minimalist/Free Folk inspiration, which I like. If you like that, I recommend Kim Myhr's work. I'm pretty sure Deak had a larger hand in this album than he had in others, but what I really like about it is the layered guitars. On De Soto De Sun is when I think they show out the most.
>>
>>66387809
>>66388094
What don't you like about it, because I think it's one of their best
>>
>>66388167
personally I feel campfire songs is kind of lacking content. simply put, not much happens. I enjoy ambient, I just don't feel anco pulls it off particularly well.
>>
Any album by any band that contains "Doggy" is a 10/10, you're delusional if you think otherwise
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhTmb4A9Nl8

It's okay/10
>>
>>66387779
It's incredible. It's basically everything I want out of music. It's visually and emotionally evocative, and just absolutely incredible when you sit there and listen it from start to finish. By the time it gets to De Soto De Son it feels like the sun came out after a rainstorm and the water is glistening. Probably my favorite album from them at this point.
>>
>>66387809
Lol Campfire Songs and Painting With are the complete opposite of each other. How could you rank Campfire Songs so low? Every once in awhile, with Animal Collective more so than any other band, I'll see an opinion where I'm just like, "What the fuck?" It's just weird how these opinions seem more frequent with Animal Collective. You're generally not going to see someone say "the only album I can think of that's worse than Close to the Edge is Big Generator" without it being bate, but you can say something like that with Animal Collective and have it come off as completely sincere.
>>
File: 1462272039509.gif (2 MB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1462272039509.gif
2 MB, 480x360
>used to think this album was boring
>one day in highschool i stayed up all nite
>by 5am i had been up for 24hours
>decide to go for a walk
>listening to tihs album as the sun rose
it all came into perspective then
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.