[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Nerdcore is the best genre of hip-hop. Discuss /mu/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
Nerdcore is the best genre of hip-hop. Discuss /mu/
>>
opinions are supposed to subjective but
>>
>>66387316
Hip-hop shit but nerdcore sits on top of that mound of shit.
Dr. Awkward, Jesse Dangerously, MC Frontalot, Supercommuter. Shit's my jam.
>>
>>66387316
hahahahaha

i used to be kinda close to the nerdcore scene/buddies w some of the dudes making music in it but nah dude. i remember i felt the same way at the time and one of them basically shut me down and told me to listen to 36 chambers and to stop being ridiculous
>>
>>66387573
dr awkward is such a cool dude and one of my favorite people i ever met when i was involved w that stuff. he works for the dev of rocket league now
>>
Shit died with mc stormtrooper
>>
>>66387614
He seems like a super cool dude, supported his Blank Pages album.

Wish that Optimus Rhyme was still doing shit but oh well.
>>
>>66387316
Frontalot is definitely the king still. I like Lars, Mega Ran and Dual Core a lot as well. YTCracker and Beefy can be really hit or miss... M.C. Chris is good too when he''s not doing 15 minute skits about some asinine bullshit.
>>
>>66387704
Never could get into M.C. Chris. Something about the voice. Dude probably has some really solid songs but it's just hard to get through them.
>>
Lol that the only genre of hip hop that gets real discussion in /mu/ is fucking nerdcore
Never change /mu/
>>
>>66387734
Yeah, he does sound like a 5 year old... it just cracks me up because he's probably the most crude and profane of the bunch.
>>
>>66387316
Nerd Culture is cool because you can feel special for consuming mass marketed Pop Culture brands, just like billions of other humans do.
>>
>>66387704
i never met chris in person but he was very cool when i spoke to him online and i personally still think he's one of the most talented rappers from the genre. he and frontalot are basically the only ones i can look at now and say they weren't TOO gimmicky and corny with what they did. if you own nerdcore, reject hip hop culture as a whole, and make it this insular lame thing where you're rhyming about video games because 'that's who you are' it's more of a reflection of you being uninteresting than of other rappers being shallow. i dont know how I (and others) had the perspective that rappers who talk about money (and poverty) sexuality, raece, etc. were somehow more cliched than LITERALLY ONLY RAPPING ABOUT HOW NERDY YOU ARE
>>
>>66387872
race* lol

and that isn't really meant to be a diss against anyone mentioned in this thread. most of the dudes who've been mentioned so far seemed to have a genuine respect for the music and not just their own bubble
>>
http://vocaroo.com/i/s1kPKdHXmLir

I no that no one will prob read this... but I'm a 16 year rapper n if u check out my track for once I will prove to u that I worth it......
>>
>>66387971
f3style m@$t3r
>>
>>66387971
you don't sound 16
>>
I'd say Frontalots basically the Rakim of Nerdcore but I love MC Chris. Just out there enough for me.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.