[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is anyone else actually pretty excited for where they're
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
is anyone else actually pretty excited for where they're gonna go next? sure PW was kind of underwhelming but they've varied their sound so much in the past that i think we can still have good expectations
>>
>>66386259
Doesn't matter since it'll be like 3-4 years until the next one.

I'm more looking forward to Deak's next LP anyway. I hope he does another one.
>>
>>66386476
he's said he has plans to so i think so
>>
>>66386476
I think it's going to be sooner, apparently Panda said he's putting his solo career on hold to focus on AnCo.
>>
>>66386259
hell yes I am. I think PW was stellar, just as good as much of their past work. I wouldn't even be mad if they stuck to the high tempo uber-busy style of PW and CHz.
>>
>>66386259
Yes, and I enjoyed MPP through PW, but I hope they move away from the pop sound
>>
>>66387967
i kind of want a dreamy, spacious release
>>66388004
im okay with poppy melodies but i'd love a more open textural release
>>
>>66386657
unpopular: but i love all of panda's solo albums. i wouldn't mind him sticking with that for a bit and then having an avey/geo/deak anco album for a change.
>>
>>66386259
Not really excited, they haven't done a legitimately good album in close to a decade now. ODDSAC felt like a sort of last hurrah. Everything since then has felt like complete deterioration in one way or another. Everything from 2000 through 2009 felt like a climb, now where in the decline. I'm far more interested in what Deakin is doing. I loved Sleep Cycle, honestly more than anything else I've heard this year. As far as Animal Collective go though, there comes a time when you have to accept that your favorite band is no longer at the top of their game. Avey and Panda had their shinning moment in the 2000's. Now it's Deakin's turn. My only hope for the next Animal Collective album is that it doesn't have Deakin on it, because I don't want them to stifle him.
>>
>>66387967
>I wouldn't even be mad if they stuck to the high tempo uber-busy style of PW and CHz.
Me neither, just as long as the did it well like on Strawberry Jam.
>>
>>66388004
They've been in that whole pop direction for almost a decade now, which is longer than they stuck with their early experimental/folk sound. We're definitely past the time in which a change should have occurred. I think they made a mistake in not going in another direction after ODDSAC, being that that was where they had pushed their pop approach to it's highest limits.
>>
>>66386259
i'm looking forward to it but i was a big fan of PW

what i really hope is that there's a shorter waiting period between albums this time
>>
File: statue-despair1.jpg (856 KB, 2112x2816) Image search: [Google]
statue-despair1.jpg
856 KB, 2112x2816
>we waited four years for Painting With
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.