[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
John Frusciante Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: John Frusciante.jpg (15 KB, 236x299) Image search: [Google]
John Frusciante.jpg
15 KB, 236x299
Post favourite work, what did you think of Foregrow, or the recent demo/unreleased tracks that he uploaded. Talk about how you love/hate his transition to electronic music, compare him to Josh Klinghoffer and be considered an idiot by him. Talk shit on the Red Hot Chili Peppers, announce your superiority by proclaiming Niandra Lades the best album ever made.

Or just anything John Frusciante general.
>>
>>66381390
Minor Threat shirt = Dope af
>>
File: 2168561581_bdc652d067.jpg (104 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
2168561581_bdc652d067.jpg
104 KB, 500x375
>>66381390
just here to say he is probably my favourite musician of all time. great man, cool motherfucker, someone who really understands music.

Hard to pick a favourite album, but atm i like Inside of Emptiness the most.

What do you guys think of Ataxia? I haven't lisetened to those albums so much, are they worth going back to?
>>
>>66381681
I like Ataxia a lot, but a lot of the songs sound the same.

Also Shadows Collide With People is probably my favorite, followed by maybe To Record Water.
>>
hasn't he abandoned his electronic music phase?
>>
>>66381681
I always liked AW1 but I agree with >>66381893
it's a little repetetive at times. But it's something I can definitely go back to every once in a while
>>
>>66381960
hahahahhaha no he makes acid house and 909 based music under the alias "Trickfinger" now. He's also producing for the Hip-Hop group "the Black Knights", for which he produced two albums now I think. And as Trickfinger, he's released two albums: "Trickfinger", and "Foregrow" which came out this year I believe
>>
I've never listened to his solo work, which album should I check out?
>>
>>66382043

Guitar stuff:
Niandra Lades, and Usually Just a T-Shirt
the Will to Death
Curtains
Shadows Collide with Emptiness
The Empyrean
To Record Only Water for Ten Days
Anything made in 2004
Everything else

Electronic Stuff:
Letur Lefr
PBX Funicular Zone
Enclosure
Trickfinger
Foregrow
Anything else

In that order
>>
>>66382126
that's Shadows Collide with *People, sorry
>>
I've never seen anyone that genuinely loves music as much as John. I have nothing but respect for the dude.
>>
>>66381681
AW1 is really great. Dust and the Sides especially.

AW2 is weaker but has some good work. Hands or something is a nice song.
>>
>>66382126
Thanks m8
>>
>>66382608
and here's some loose tracks to check out (sorry for the fj link)

http://funnyjunk.com/user/suikerpapa/1102#1102
>>
"His coming out was a expected dissapointment with the ladies." #thechroniclesofthespacedemonjohn530002312planet
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.