[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/mu/ in real life
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 1
File: Mute_swan_Vrhnika.jpg (4 MB, 3888x2592) Image search: [Google]
Mute_swan_Vrhnika.jpg
4 MB, 3888x2592
I went to a Swans concert yesterday in Detroit and it was full of fat neckbeards with bad skin who were talking about 4chan and edginess in real life. I'm just making this thread to say I'm glad I don't have to interact with you in real life.
>>
Waste of quads.
>>
Heard someone near me compare it to a high school lunch line. So fucking true
>>
>>66377904

its the pents of truth, family.
>>
>>66377777
>Caring about what others look and talk about

Looks like you're the edgy one
>>
>>66377964
found the necky
>>
>>66377964
Are you the neckbeard he was talking about?
>>
>>66377777
Nice pents
>>
I was about to write a post about how suddenly the fanbase of the band seems to have changed but then I realized that the reunion was about five years ago already and that I still haven't gotten around listening to their two most recent albums.
>>
>>66377777
I was pretty close to going to this show. Now I'm glad I missed it. Thanks!
>>
>>66377964

Somehow I have a feeling you were at the concert.
>>
>>66378049

That what happens when you become a 4chan meme.
>>
Aw... oh well, I guess I'll have to put up with that tonight... Probably worth it though.
>>
>>66377944
Lmao
>>
Good thing I shaved my neck for the show
>>
>go to a dg concert
>wear a swans shirt
>have a good time
>come back and browse /mu/
>tons of anons calling me a faggot and a creep
Fuck you guys
>>
I have never heard any Swans except for Oxygen once on youtube.

I just downloaded all of their discography minus The Seer, To Be Kind and TGM.

Where do I start? Soundtracks for the Blind? From the beginning?
>>
>>66377777
I saw Death Grips in Pomona and there were multiple people wearing bright pink shirts that had a giant print of Cal Chuchesta on them. The stereotypes are real.
>>
>>66379432
D'aww...
>>
I went to a Swans concert and saw Anthony Fantano

He even made a video about it.

About Swans though, not me seeing him.
>>
>>66377777
im going to be seeing swans in a couple months, wouldnt be surprised if i came across plenty of them
>>
>Work up the courage to go to an Animal Collective concert alone since I heard that it's okay to go alone
>I turn up a couple minutes late
>As I walk into the event, the whole crowd turns to look at me
>One of them yells "HOLY SHIT, HE'S ALONE!"
>Whole event laughing hysterically as I take my seat
>Calls of "weirdo," "creeper," etc.
>Want to die
>After the concert, the entire audience mobs me in the hallway
>They start dancing in circles around me, chanting deliriously and laughing
>They start singing a nursery rhyme about how only virgins go to concerts alone and how I should kill myself
>I can't get away because they've joined hands and won't let me escape
>They start throwing their drinks and candy and stuff at me
>"HAHA LOOK AT THE LOSER GETTING STICKY"
>Security comes by
>They look mad but then they see me in the middle of the crowd
>One of them says "wait, did that fucker come here alone?"
>Security joins in, start using supersoakers to shoot artificial butter at me
>I'm lying in the fetal position sobbing at this point
>The dancing and chanting continues for over 13 hours
>I'm completely covered in soda, butter, and bits of candy
>Black guy goes "NIGGA LOOKS LIKE A CHRISTMAS TREE!"
>Crowd finally disperses
>Panda Bear comes by
>Leans down, whispers in my ear "Never come here again"
>All I can do is whimper yes sir
>>
>>66379771
was he bald and annoying?
>>
>>66380997

When is he not?
>>
>>66381349
Did you talk to him? Did he dance? What can that dude possibly be like in an actual social situation??
>>
>>66379771
That's pretty mean of him.
>>
>>66379887
sounds like a good time
>>
>>66379475
go chronologically
>>
>>66377777
were you one of those anorexic dues with the undercut and skinny jeans in 90 degree weather. Just wondering because you sound lame to make a post about this. Not that I was one of those people, its just always fun to see the hipsters dressing up wearing there fucking denim jackets and skinny jeans and boots in shit when its burning out.
>>
>>66381927
Do not do this. Listen to To Be Kind, then The Great Annihilator, then the rest of their new stuff. THEN go chronologically
>>
>>66377777
Going to see them in about a week. I hope the crowd isn't actually like this.

I went to see Death Grips and the crowd was clearly only /mu/ types
>>
>>66382192
It's going to be like that. Just look at comments in anything that relates to Death Grips on youtube or reddit. Constant fucking lyric spam. Fuck those types that meme music too far.
>>
>>66382337
if death grips gets mentioned anywhere, theres gonna be a retatd spamming IT GOES IT GOES
>>
>>66382137
No, he was right. Chronological is the best way for Swans
>>
>>66382090
undercuts arent really hipster anymore, now its kinda common
>>
>>66382601
they're common, but the type of hipsters that go to swans show have a uniform to them and wearing that shit in that weather is annoying and they look like uber tryhards.
>>
I saw Swans last week and it was a pretty good mix of young and older people, even got to talking with a couple of older fans while we waited for the show to start. I felt liked and accepted and my social anxiety wasn't even a factor, nice experience would recommend
>>
>>66378050
lmao do you actually go to a show for the people while waiting in line? That's pathetic and am sorry you missed it because it was a fantastic performance. You are whats wrong with /mu/ who care so much about public image and less about the music.
>>
>>66381927
>>66382525
Filth is sloppy tuneless garbage that contrarians only pretend to like. White Light, Soundtracks and To Be Kind would all be better entry points.
>>
>>66379531
thia atually happened
>>66379887
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.