[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Am I the only one who couldn't sit through The Life Of Pablo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 1
Am I the only one who couldn't sit through The Life Of Pablo because of the awful, stupid lyrics?
>>
TURN ME UP

STEP UP IN THIS BITCH LIKE

I'M THE ONE YO BITCH LIKE

AND SHE BE ON MAI DICK LIKE

SHE SCARED IF IT'LL FIT RIGHT

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH
WAVES DON'T DIE
LET ME CRASH INTO THE MOMENT
BABY I DON'T NEED TO OWN IT

TURN ME UP*
>>
>>66375430
no
>>
>>66375430
deleted it after 3 songs
>>
>>66375430
probably not, but you're in the minority. I thought that on some tracks it was a return to form for lyricism for Kanye, at least compared to Yeezus.

Specifically the latter third of the album
>>
>>66375430
A mix of the shitty stripped down production and aggressively awful lyrics, yes
>>
>>66375430
I like Kanye's bad lyrics cause usually they're corny enough to be funny more than anything else. I remember being at one of the cinema streams for Pablo and everyone laughed when the bleached asshole line played
>>
>>66375430
Anyone who enjoyed this shit, or Yeezus for that matter, should be euthanized.

Real friends is the only good track on the whole album.

Kanyes style has gone to shit since he met Kim K and decided to live some bizarro life among transgender Instagram people instead of continuing to do his own thing.

Yeezus and TLOP are both so far below mediocre it isn't even funny. To find any form of enjoyment from these albums is to be so far from redemption that there is no way you can be saved.
>>
>>66375430
No
>>
>>66375611
I can see how people wouldn't like this, but Yeezus is objectively his best album.

KYS
>>
It had a few songs that were decent lyrically like his first 2 such as Real Frienda or No More Parties In L.A., but for the most part it's at least marginally less trash than Yeezus.
>>
>>66375843
All the cringy lines are for white people that think black people think it's cool so you kill yourself
Late registration the goat
>>
>>66375611

Ultralight Beam is also great. Beyond that, there's glimmers of good ideas and some excellent sampling but otherwise I agree.

>>66375468

Seriously, the fuck is the appeal of this song?
>>
>>66375532
Musta been a bunch of lame faggots cuz that shits not even funny just cringy
>>
>>66375909
Yep. Objectively anyone who doesn't have Kanyes first 4 albums in their top 4 is doing it wrong.

MBDTF is a rare gem, being Kanyes only good "experimental" album. Yeezus and TLOP are steaming piles of dogshit, and 808's is mediocre because it's here that he was beginning his transition to only making music that is a steaming pile of dogshit.

IMO late registration, Graduation, and College Dropout are his best three albums, but you could swap out any of these for MBDTF and I'd still give you a good score.

Daily reminder that anyone putting TLOP or Yeezus in their Kanye top 3 is s brain dead millennial who worships black lives matter and self flagellates themselves to auto tune every night for not being black.
>>
>>66375430
nah the lyrics aren't the problem for me. yeezus is fucking great and has just as stupid lyrics most of the time. its mostly the amount of tracks which feel just thrown together in a random order that kills it for me. it has way less interesting beats than yeezus which doesn't combine well with bad lyrics. now its just an average hip hop album.
>>
SUCH A SHIT ALBUM
>>
>>66376069

Graduation is an underwhelming pop album with a handful of great tunes, and MBDTF blows it the fuck out. Aside from that I agree, though I think 808's is his best.
>>
>>66376119
>i think 808's is his best
My man. 808s, MBDTF and Yeezus are his best albums. The rest don't do anything for me.
>>
>>66376241

I can't say I like Yeezus much at all beyond a few tracks unfortunately. 808's works for me because of its somber mood. Some of its imagery is clumsy but that's true of every Kanye album - the general atmosphere of it is by miles the most compelling thing I've ever heard from him. Yeezus, in comparison, is a much more angry and chaotic affair which would be fine if the lyrics weren't the worst he's written on average. There's too much going on in Yeezus that I find laughable or cringeworthy for it to do anything for me.
>>
>>66375430
Nope. I can't stand either Pablo or Yeezus cause of how cringe inducing Kanye's verses are. He's a drain on his own album
>>
>>66376241
Confirmed for shit taste
>>
>>66375939
this

also sage
>>
>>66376322
Yes, the lyrics on Yeezus are absolutely horrible sometimes. But it kinda works for me in combination with the aggressive beats, and the beats are some of the best he has ever used on there. On Sight, New Slaves, I Am a God, Black Skinhead and Holy My Liquor are fucking fantastic. Blood on the Leaves and I'm in it are okay imo. But yea, Guilt Trip and Bound 2 are definitly weak spots on the album. Compared to the rest of the discography I really like Yeezus tho, and its a hundret times better than TLOP which not only has bad lyrics but also average production and overall is also way too long.
>>
>>66375611
cry about it, bitch
>>
>>66375611
> and decided to live some bizarro life among transgender Instagram people
what? fuck off and maybe even go die.
>>
>>66376506

On Sight, Black Skinhead, and New Slaves are the only songs I like throughout. I Am A God has a strong first verse but falls apart after it, Hold My Liquor never grips me aside from the guitars, I only remember I'm In It for its odd progression and nothing else, Blood On The Leaves is fine until the synth horns kick in where it all goes to hell, Guilt Trip had that chilly 808's vibe but I can't recall anything of note about it vocally, Send It Up just makes me laugh with that dumbass beat, and Bound 2 is an active insult to the legacy of his first 2 albums.
>>
>>66376069
god imagine being this pretentious

and not even convincingly pretentious. seriously? graduation? big sean has writing credits on that shit, it's kanyes most uninspired record, a transitioning point between his dilla-Inspired production and his poppier stuff and doesn't do either as well as his more focused records

the thematic exploration and sonic experimentation he's been doing from 808s on is much more interesting than his early work imo (although late registration is incredible especially thanks to Jon Brion's aiding in the production side of things)
>>
There's gotta be something wrong with me. I can't listen to Yeezus back to back but i fucking love Pablo.
>>
>>66376701

Not him but I might be willing to concede the point that MBDTF is more interesting than CD but I think it's a close battle, and we're on the same page with 808's and LR. However, I can't acknowledge either Yeezus or TLOP as vapid, masturbatory efforts. The latter might slide by as better than Graduation on a good day but aside from that his post-MBDTF material has been a letdown.
>>
>>66376786

*as anything more than
>>
>>66376786
i love yeezus and tlop personally. didn't initially like yeezus when it came out but it's grown on me a lot -- it's reactionary and political and exciting and some of the production is more awe inspiring than anything pre-MBTDF for me. yeah, LR is more traditionally beautiful but it doesn't have many moments as evocative as the solo on hold my liquor or as cold and intense as king louie's verse on send it up. it reminds me a little of what's happening in the NY and UK electronic scenes right now where excess, chaos, ego, and raw emotion are used as escapism from harsh realities or negative perceptions (probably no coincidence there seeing as arca worked on the album)

it's definitely not flawless but it's exciting. maybe my interpretation of the album thematically allows me to forgive rick Rubin's butchering of the energy of the original version of black skinhead and the obviously 'rushed' verses from Kanye but I'll take enjoying it over letting that shit bug me too much
>>
>>66376950
also despite me saying this I do still like LR a bit more than yeezus probably. I do think yeezus is way more interesting than graduation and maybe even CD for me though
>>
>>66376950

To each their own. At the end of the day things like "chaos" and "ego" have never spoken much to me so I guess that's my problem with them. I still like MBDTF because it valleys as hard as it peaks with an oxymoronic blend of reckless abandon and thoughful consideration. Yeezus and TLOP, in comparison, favor spontaneity and chaos which just doesn't do much for me.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.