[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When will you admit it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: kinksbeatles.jpg (184 KB, 1440x452) Image search: [Google]
kinksbeatles.jpg
184 KB, 1440x452
When will you admit it?
>>
I'll admit it once you all admit Paul is dead.
>>
Days >>>> Hey Jude
>>
>>66369854
Ages ago. How is this a controversial thing?
>>
>>66369854
besteveralbums.com

>The Beatles is ranked number 1 in the overall artist rankings with a total rank score of 569,992.

>The Kinks is ranked number 71 in the overall artist rankings with a total rank score of 34,328.

also, inb4 the fact that
>>
>>66369854
When you fuck your mom and enjoy it.
>>
>>66369902
Unfortunately people think the kinks are only "you really got me" & "lola"
>>
I don't even know those guys on the left. How are they supposed to be better than The Beatles?
>>
>>66369930
Didn't spend their first 3 years as a bit band
>>
I love both but I love the Beatles more. That said, Waterloo Sunset is as good as anything the Beatles ever put out.
>>
>>66369906
This
>>
strawberry fields forever is better than anything the kinks put out
>>
File: tonetta_vol3_main.jpg (20 KB, 303x303) Image search: [Google]
tonetta_vol3_main.jpg
20 KB, 303x303
delete this
>>
i agree
>>
>>66369906
this
>>
>>66370211
Who is this Tonetta? Is he a meme?
>>
>>66369854
When Ray Davies finally writes a song that's half as good as A Day In the Life.
>>
The Kinks? Fuck no. The Who, maybe. The Beach Boys definitely, if you want to go outside of Britain.
>>
Why does this beef exist when we all know about Cream?
>>
File: LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL.jpg (39 KB, 687x259) Image search: [Google]
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL.jpg
39 KB, 687x259
>>66371871
>>
>>66369886
When they make the fuckin' White Album.
>>
>>66371936 This was directed towards OP, my bad
>>
I think Ray's a better songwriter than either John and Paul. He was on the same level as Lennon-McCartney combined.

George Martin is what really tips the scale to The Beatles. The Kinks' 60s albums sound awful. If Davies has a George Martin to engineer his songs, The Kinks would probably trump The Beatles.

Anyhow, favorite Kinks songs?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6W_iVrXyQ4M
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONd4qSs5B5k
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdxKeQeoUyc
>>
>>66369854
The kinks are good but you can't listen to a whole kinks album. You have to wade through a lot of weird, meh tier, bullshit to find the hidden gems. With the Beatles every one of their songs is 10/10 despite some of the filler from their early albums. And even on every one of those early albums there's like 5 really good songs at least.
>>
Maybe when I get around to investigating the Kinks. But that could be a while from now, because at a glance I like their sound less than The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, The Who, The Small Faces, The Byrds, or The Beach Boys.
The Fall did a great version of Victoria, though: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4VdcMXVO_g
>>
The Who > The Beatles
>>
every kinks song is a ringo and paul vaudeville tone
>>
THE FACT THAT
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.