[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How late am I? I've been out of /mu/ for a few years, and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: images (16).jpg (26 KB, 383x384) Image search: [Google]
images (16).jpg
26 KB, 383x384
How late am I?

I've been out of /mu/ for a few years, and a bro recommended me this a album out of nowhere.

This album is pretty damn awesome, the beats, the lyrics, the way the songs connect to each other.
I can't stop feeling like a kid who's late as late can be, and 100% "out of the game". The record received a lot of praise, as far as I've read.

What's /moo/'s consensus on this one?
>>
>>66367647
It's a good album but I'm not a big fan of it because of the length, and it's pretty dense. It's very conceptually impressive tho and Kendrick is a great rapper.

Pretty sure /mu/ hates it
>>
>>66367647
Literal cuckoldcore
>>
>>66367647
It's a good hip hop album, but /mu/ generally has a predisposition against hip hop. If you like this and want more similar stuff, try out MF Doom and Madvillain.
>>
/mu/ loved it until fantano and pitchfork gave it high praise and now they hate it
>>
>>66367647
10/10
u is best track fight me
>>
>>66367647
>What's /moo/'s consensus on this one?
see >>66367695

I don't think that average autistic, white teenager can empathize with any worldview other than their own.
>>
>>66367708
I know those artists, the album kinda reminded me of "Mathematics" buy Mos Def, in a few lines.

>>66367695
Why tho?

>>66367728
Being white (if you could ever call a brazillian white), made me rethink a lot of stuff. I was listening to some Racionais too (famous group from here), and came across this, felt really fantastic. I don't, however, understand shit about rap, nor do I act like I do, I mean, o know who 2pac is and some other guys, but I don't know much about their ideology (although it's pretty much everywhere in the album).
>>
>>66367728
this
literally everyone who shits on the album complains that its all "muh i hate whiteys" because theyre sheltered suburban kids who get more easily offended by this shit than the sjws they complain about
>>
>>66367791
>I don't know much about their ideology

That's the thing. None of what they're talking about is as complicated as an ideology.
>>
I really liked it. It talked about things like depression, temptation, and redemption and despite Kendrick living a life very different from mine, I can relate to those aspects of his story which allowed me to really get into the concept as well as enjoying the super awesome beats and great flows.

I don't actually know or care what the rest of mu thinks.
>>
File: KendrickGKMC.jpg (12 KB, 220x220) Image search: [Google]
KendrickGKMC.jpg
12 KB, 220x220
listen to good kid maad city if you still havent

personally i prefer TPAB but it's pretty close in quality

>ib4 dominos
>>
File: 1464135200532.gif (381 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1464135200532.gif
381 KB, 500x500
Section.80 was better.
>>
I liked TPAB a lot, but I can see where it'd be hard to listen to if you're used to hearing singles all the time.

Listen to the whole album and let it sit for a while.
>>
>tha blaka tha berry, tha sweeta the juice
GOAT track
>>
>>66367934
I didn't thought it was a hard listen. Hard to get, maybe, but the thing sounds so good, I've listened to it back to back 4 times since Sunday.
Also, it's common for me to listen to albums instead of singles.

>>66367981
>>66367716
i is really good too
>>
>>66367825
Imagine if mu had been around when fuck tha police came out lol
>>
>>66367647
If you really liked this album you should know that several of the collaborators on this album also released music around the time that TPAB dropped. I think its interesting to see how their individual styles impacted the album and it lets me appreciate the albums almost as companion works.

Flying Lotus- You're Dead
Kamasi Washington- The Epic
Thundercat- The Beyond / Where the Giants Roam (Thundercat was also a collaborator on both the abovementioned albums)
>>
what you gotta understand is that the more /mu/ loves something, the more it hates it.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.