[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone in here play a concert band instrument? If so, what is it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6
File: IMG_20160712_230031.jpg (33 KB, 500x354) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160712_230031.jpg
33 KB, 500x354
Anyone in here play a concert band instrument?
If so, what is it?
>>
>>66366639
When I saw this thread my knee jerk reaction was "yeah, I played the French Horn in high school. I never was any good though"

But I have never played french horn. I think I have a problem with compulsive lying
>>
File: image.jpg (356 KB, 736x1167) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
356 KB, 736x1167
>>66366639
Holy shit this chart is super accurate, even with the clarinets stirring drama and the saxophones being chill
>>
The trombone 69 and 420 is so damn true
>>
File: image.jpg (46 KB, 430x242) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46 KB, 430x242
>>66366639
creepily accurate
>>
>>66366639
Former Alto Sax. It's true, all instruments have their own personalities. This chart is pretty close
>>
Flute master race here
>>
That baritone horn description is frighteningly accurate desu senpaitachi
>>
>>66367246
I can't stop laughing at this
>>
>>66367433
Alto Sax brotha
>>
percussion reporting in

pretty true for the most part, we just dicked around the whole class period
>>
>>66367908
If I had to be honest, I loved my section because we were chill and didn't fuck with drama, but at the same time there was like, that apathy that just didn't vibe with me
>>
File: sdl.jpg (231 KB, 900x865) Image search: [Google]
sdl.jpg
231 KB, 900x865
>>
File: B08au2-CYAAMIuy.jpg (22 KB, 599x413) Image search: [Google]
B08au2-CYAAMIuy.jpg
22 KB, 599x413
>>66367939
My section was never really apathetic, we were just kind of (pic related) at everything. Except for that one sperg who was super militant about everything like nigga its high school marching band chill out. We were better than the entirety of the brass section anyway.
>>
>>66368123
Oh shit our section leader was exactly like that. She took shit way more serious than any of us ever did and we gave her soooo much shit for it lmao. But she meant it in good spirit so I always felt bad for her
>>
Old saxophone section leader here. Those are pretty much spot-on.
>>
>>66366639
trombone is most based going off OP's chart
>>
>>66368225
No, trombones are the worst.
>>
Op here

I played soprano, alto, and bari sax.
No matter what saxophone, you stay the same personality, at least for me
>>
>>66368255
Trombones were the jokesters in my band, the baritones were the actual douches
>>
>>66366639
Trumpet here. This isn't what people thought of me in High School was it? I was pretty quiet, although I only ever played in the Jazz band
>>
All true. French breader here. The trombonerz were my favourite people. Goofy motherfuckers.
>>
>>66368291
>>66368255
>>66368225
At my HS, trombones were chill and fun to hang around and Baritones were tryhards and did drum corp and/or went to college to become a music teacher.
>>
>>66368356
>>66368291
For me, they all acted like they were the funniest people ever, but were super immature and annoying and pretended that they smoked weed all the time and stuff like that. There were a few cool ones, though.
>>
>>66366639
I'd say everything is accurate aside from percussion. I was a percfag in high school and people mentioned shit like that pretty often but the majority of us were just boring virgins
>>
SAX-A-MA-PHOOOONE

I played alto, tenor, and bari sax.

They stuck me on bari cuz I was so loud. Broke a reed every time I played, but you could hear me over those damn trumpets.
>>
Played the trombone from grade 7 to 12. Still have it, rarely take it out of the case, neighbours don't want to hear me casually practice trombone.
>>
>>66368840
tenor!
played for like 4 years then dropped out of band in high school because marching band was literally every day before and after school and i was too busy with swim team
>>
French horn here, kind of accurate, sax and trombone players are the best, drummers are fucking annoying and usually shit.
>>
any other euphonium friends here
>>
>>66367433
Also alto sax player, my section was chill as fuck. Best memory was telling one another ghost stories in the auditorium while pretending to be practicing for some UIL tournament that none of us took seriously. I remember the clarinet section being made up entirely of girls who were kind of bitchy. There was a flute player that was miserable because he was the only male flute player.
>>
>>66366639
I played clarinet in junior high and high school, was pretty good at it but never practiced and eventually gave it up when I lost vision in one of my eyes
>>
>>
I played the clarinet..
>>
>>66367392
Top kek
>>
>>66366639
Is mayonnaise an instrument?
>>
trombone

most of the people i know who play/have played trombone are pretty cool guys
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.