[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the best Primus album? Also, what does /mu/ Think
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: Tales From The Punch Bowl.jpg (40 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
Tales From The Punch Bowl.jpg
40 KB, 400x400
What's the best Primus album?
Also, what does /mu/ Think of Primus?

>Pic related
>>
Pork Sodas been my favorite since 4th grade, no joke. Love the dark swampy feel of the album. Punchbowls good too.
>>
>>66366002
I think they're really good, haven't really listened to much after the Brown Album. Favorite would be a tie between Frizzle Fry and Pork Soda, although most of their albums are good
>>
>>66366002
Primus Sucks!

Sailing the Seas of Cheese is my favorite.
>>
>>66366221
Same. Although I was pretty regrettably into Anti Pop for a depressing amount of time. Nowadays I'd say that was their worst album. Seas of Cheese and Frizzle Fry are the ones that stuck with me the longest.
>>
Primus sucks
>>
Pretentious garbage
>>
>>66366323
...seriously?
>>
My favorite is probably Frizzle Fry. I enjoy all their stuff up to Green Naugahyde (that being my least favorite). I haven't bothered to check out any Claypool after that album though.

I think /mu/ doesn't pay much attention to them, they aren't hated but far from celebrated.
>>
I HAD A FRIEND WHO TOOK A BELT
>>
>>66366396
Yeah.
>>
heh heh.
dooog will hunt!
>>
File: okkid.jpg (66 KB, 431x450) Image search: [Google]
okkid.jpg
66 KB, 431x450
>>66366450
fucking /mu/
>>
Bands like Primus are literally the sonic equivalent of that stupid faggot from high school who went around saying "hahaha I'm too crazy already I don't need drugz to be nuts hahhaa xD see how crazy I am" then did something like start shoving a banana up his ass in the middle of the lunch room or standing up in the middle of class and saying the word "Fart" really fucking loud or something to demonstrate the he was quirky when in fact he was just a huge attention whore who tried way too fucking hard to look weird because mommy and daddy either gave him too much attention when he was a child or too little. Seriously how can anyone listen to Primus or any other Les Claypool (or Omar Lopez or even John Frusciante for that matter) record and not go "holy fucking shit if these people think this either sounds good or think it's 'interesting' in some way they're even worse than noise artists, because at least those people are aware they're just being provocative for the sake of it but this avant-funk/post-funk/spazzcore faggots actually think they're breaking new ground in rock n roll or proving themselves in some way to be musical genisues"

Seriously if you want musical genius listen to real innovators; Schaeffer, Adorno, Sun Ra, Stockhausen, Fripp, Davis, Eno, and so on
>>
>>66366613
Nice copypasta.
>>
>>66366558
Look at >>66366558
to see how Primus are pretentious
I can't honestly believe anyone over the age of 18 listens to them
>>
>>66366613
whos omar lopez
>>
>>66366613
kek
>>
They're not angsty metal with no cringy lyrics
And a cool bass
That's something you hardly see and I enjoy it.
Pork Soda is good.
>>
Rush + Stump + Residents + metal = Primus

They're pretty amazing when they're at their best

>>66366323
They're like the anti-pretentious
>>
>>66366323
>song about a hillbilly named "mud" killing a guy with a bat and burying him.
>song about a man named jerry and how he's a race car driver that goes so damn fast
>song about a cat named tommy getting mad pussy
>song about hillbillies and an innuendo about a whore and her whore pussy
>pretentious
>>
you can only take so much primus at a time before you find them annoying, but they're still an overall pretty great band
YOU KNOW I'VE BEEN TO HELL
I SPELL IT DMV
>>
>>66366002
Pork Soda. I like how murky, dark, and creepy it is. Another favorite is thebrown album. Stripped down natural sound, good lyrics. Somehow like Tom Waits.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.