[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4
File: blink-182-california.jpg (107 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
blink-182-california.jpg
107 KB, 1200x1200
Thoughts?
>>
>>66361174
It's blink-182
What else is there to say?
>>
>>66361174

booty cheeks
>>
>>66361174
not as bad as thought
fun desu
>>
>>66361191

Except one of two founding members, in fact the lead singer, left and was replaced

So I'd say there's quite a lot to say, e.g. how does it compare to previous blink.

I'm listening to it now, three songs in so far
>>
>>66361174
eh, it was okay, not really worth listening to twice imo

i got turned off by the typical "WOOOOOOAAAAAOOOOOOOAAAAH" in some of the songs
>>
It had the potential to be as good as self titled if Tom had stayed, it's still better than Neighborhoods tho
>>
File: 1468286590589.png (21 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1468286590589.png
21 KB, 600x600
>blink 182 currently only has one original member
>>
>>66361283
Yeah it's a bit weird, that stuff wasn't in any old blink songs (as far as I'm aware)

>>66361284
I wish he had, he really adds good balance to Mark's songwriting I think

And I dunno, Neighbourhoods has some really good songs, e.g. Heart's All Gone, and I really like Up All Night personally.
>>
fun, catchy, and energetic. all i wanted from a blink album in 2016.

not great, but it's fun.
>>
>>66361295

True but Travis may as well be an original member since he was there for their most successful period
>>
>>66361174
Heroes of 2016
>>
File: california.png (51 KB, 1265x267) Image search: [Google]
california.png
51 KB, 1265x267
i listened to it a few times when it came out, can't see myself listening to it again. As a diehard fan of their first two albums (TOYPAJ is pretty solid, Enema's okay, their self-titled is very slowly growing on me) I've just been waiting for them to release the demos to these songs. John Feldmann had way too much creative input on this record, and his production is atrocious.
>>
>>66361668
also the bridge on Los Angeles with Mark is the best part of the record by far
>>
>>66361253

Tom Delonge wasn't the lead singer. He and Mark split the role.
>>
26 year old lifelong blink fan here

neighborhoods is my favorite by them lol. easily their bleakest. its beautiful.
>>
>>66361741
>26 year old lifelong
*sigh*
>>
it sounds like they are trying really hard to relate to youngsters but they got too adult
>>
>>66361731
He was the frontman, Mark was backup

>>66361668
Glad you put Cynical as 5 stars, I actually think it's my favourite song on the album. They should have made it into a full song.
>>
>>66361741
I do like Neighbourhoods but their best? Surely self-titled is better. And Enema of the State.

>>66361814
This is the first album I've thought that. And i think the problem is that Mark is now the lead songwriter. I think he's best when he balances with Tom, which is true of Tom too, because Tom's better in Blink than he is in AVA. They're best when they balance each other. They've both got different styles (Mark gets sort of deadpan and emo, Tom likes to go big and arena-style, at least that seems to be true these days) and when they're balanced it makes for good music.
>>
Dude Ranch was the peak of Blink-182's songwriting.
>>
laughed at loud at a good chunk of this song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jnv1_wUfCZo
>>
>Not listening to blinks most zenful album in year of new blink 2016
Do you even blink bros
>>
>>66363899
Nice dubs, also you got the wrong album, self titled is the best
>>
>>66361174
>+44, featuring Skiba
>>
>>66363899
this is there only good album
>>
Never liked Blink at all but I quite like Alkaline Trio (Matt Skiba's band, who replaced Tom DeLonge).

Besides 'Home Is Such a Lonely Place' it's fucking shite, essentially sounds like punk for children, as pretentious as that sounds.

AK3 are much grittier and dirtier and generally better.
>>
4/10, worst blink album by far, makes me upset to be a blink-182 fan at all
>>
Alkaline Trio is better than Blink
>>
>>66365522
false
>>
>>66365628
true
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUV-WqhuihM
>>
>>66365522
>>66365628
>arguing about pop-punk

you're both wrong
>>
It's fucking bad, Neighborhoods and even the EP somehow manage to blow this shit out of the water, now that Blink and Weezer failed to deliver the summer tunes who's gonna step up to the opportunity now?
>>
N O T G O O D
O
T

G
O
O
D
>>
>>66362900
and musical output

>>66365775
my favorite of theirs
>>
>>66361174
generic teen angst-core
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.