[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
CRIMINALLY UNDERRATED ALBUMS THREAD
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5
File: Sublime40OztoFreedomalbumcover.jpg (52 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Sublime40OztoFreedomalbumcover.jpg
52 KB, 300x300
What are some of the most underrated albums of all time in your opinion?

For me, pic related.
>>
>>66357081
>DUDE WEED LMAO
i actually love that album OP but i dont think its underrated because I constantly listen to it and many people i know irl also listen to it a lot

but maybe thats just because i live in Long Beach
>>
>>66357114
I would call that an overrated album

Sublime sucks and I'm not kidding
>>
>>66357144
4chan is 18+ only
>>
>>66357114
I live in NY and so many kids from my school wear this shirt and I always see them tweeting Santeria I dont think they're underrated at all
>>
>>66357179
then why are you here?
>>
>>66357144
why though?
I'm not OP, but I do genuinely like a bunch of their stuff, especially this album.
>>
>>66357230
They are pop-ska and that shouldn't be a genre

>DUDE DRUGS LMAO
I'll admit they have a few good songs, but the majority of their catalogue is (lyrically) identical themes rehashed with little variance in sound
>>
>>
File: revenge.jpg (4 KB, 176x176) Image search: [Google]
revenge.jpg
4 KB, 176x176
>>
>>66357344
>things I don't like should be
"pop-Ska" isn't a thing
>>
>>66357081
OP, I like Sublime and everything but they're pretty mainstream honestly. Don't see anything by them as "underrated"
>>
>>66357344
Is ska punk the genre you're looking for?

A critique like "the majority of their catalogue is (lyrically) identical themes rehashed with little variance in sound" misses that the point of their music/style of music isn't really about pushing any boundaries in terms of lyrical content or musical experimentation, but it's just more so about enjoyment/chill/feeling good.

That said, looking at the track list, off the top of my head there is a fair amount of lyrical variation, it's just that it's mostly all mundane/grounded in reality. Partying, problems with girls, blazing with your friends, that is just real summer shit for tons of people. Which is part of what I think gives it so much appeal, even though that is what makes it kind of shallow.

Also OP, they are in no way underrated, it's just been decades since they disbanded.
>>
File: BurialUntrue.jpg (72 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
BurialUntrue.jpg
72 KB, 300x300
>>
>>66357179
The only people I know that like sublime are 16-20
>>
File: image.jpg (14 KB, 220x220) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
14 KB, 220x220
Everyone talks about STftB/Filth when you mention early swans.
>>
>>66357144
how can you even dislike sublime?
Everybody likes sublime
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.