[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do i into black metal? It sounds like noise to me. Actually,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 7
File: 138661998549.png (377 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
138661998549.png
377 KB, 450x450
How do i into black metal? It sounds like noise to me. Actually, i think noise sounds better.
>>
Then why not explore the genre of Noise music instead?
>>
I like noise and black metal so you should get into both
>>
>>66355134
Emperor is a good starter
>>
I like noise and black metal so you shouldn't get into either.
Too many faggots on this board using those genres for poser cred as it is.
>>
If you don't like it, why do you even bother to get into it?
>>
File: imgres.jpg (9 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
imgres.jpg
9 KB, 225x225
>Wants to get into BM and thinks noise sounds better

here. It's both
>>
Ghost Bath - Moonlover

Start from DSBM
>>
>>66355755
>>66355850
"no"
Fucking hell could you be more beige and embryonic
>>
>>66355161
>>66355698
Correct.

>>66355755
lol

>>66355850
DSBM fucking sucks. Just kill yourselves already you whiny little pussies.
>>
Do you have any other experience with metal previously? Or any other kind of extreme/dark music in general? Black metal is not a good place to start with any of those things.
>>
two words: mayhem darkthrone
>>
>>66356935
Yes. Specifically Live in Leipzig and Transilvanian Hunger. Burzum would be good if he dropped the cheesy synths. I don't care that his political views are from the 19th century, I just wish his fucking keyboards weren't.
>>
>>66355755
This is the only good Black Metal album
>>
File: black metal flowchart.png (1 MB, 1936x1500) Image search: [Google]
black metal flowchart.png
1 MB, 1936x1500
>>
>>66357177
Live in Leipzig is a shit place to start at, come on.
>>
>>66355134
Listen to Vemon, Celtic Frost and Bathory, then early Gorgoroth, after that you should be able to listen black metal easier.
>>
>>66359031
>Vemon
you had one job
>>
File: 1447816462208.gif (885 KB, 500x272) Image search: [Google]
1447816462208.gif
885 KB, 500x272
Well, if you don't like it, you don't like it. But if you want to give it a whirl, start chronologically. Begin with Venom's first two albums. If you like those, move on to Bathory's first two albums. If you like those, move on to Mayhem's first couple releases. If you like those, then just follow the Norwegian chronology/evolution.

Myself, I don't think I own a black metal album published after 2000, unless it's the work of a band that was already established. I hate all that faggy PNW one-man bedroom band fag shit.

It's fucking gay.
>>
File: agalloch - marrow of the spirit.jpg (393 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
agalloch - marrow of the spirit.jpg
393 KB, 1200x1200
I'm not very much into black metal neither, but if there's a black metal band that I actually think it doesn't suck that must be Agalloch. Try with "Marrow of the Spirit" which is the first record I listen from them. It's a really musical black/folk metal album. Agalloch were truly great musicians and they weren't only on it for satanic circus and all that stupid un-musical shit.
>>
File: cover.jpg (1 MB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
1 MB, 1500x1500
>not starting with a nonmeme but still easily aprochable Black M
they are so fucking good not raw yet not too melodic
>>
try bathory, immortal, taake, absu, melechesh, dissection, sacramentum, kvist, grand belial's key, dark funeral, destroyer 666

burzum and darkthrone are really overglorified. so is "atmospheric" bm

>>66361201
>Agalloch were truly great musicians and they weren't only on it for satanic circus and all that stupid un-musical shit.
oh fuck off with this meme, they were dorky medieval fantasy nerds who wrote terrible lyrics like the rest of them. they were just from portland and had decent graphic designers behind them

plus satan stuff is fun.
>>
File: cover.jpg (122 KB, 804x800) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
122 KB, 804x800
There's two albums that got me into black metal.

pic related, and Wolves in the Throne Room - Celestial Lineage

im still not super into black metal, but i've grown to enjoy more bands than these two
>>
>>66361201
I thought Agalloch wasn't even considered black metal?
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.