[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Whats the point of music? It's a waste of time and doesn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
Whats the point of music? It's a waste of time and doesn't get you anywhere in life. Also it seems that during the robo evolution of cops and shit like that you'd get snares and cymbals on their heads instead of guitar.so it makes sense that music is appreciated once.
>>
Recommend me good breakcore
>>
>>66351379
Rotting fantasylands
mutant spiders from the xxx dimension
thinking of you
liminal space
nostril
>>
what's the point of getting anywhere in life?
>>
>>66351409
>mutant spiders from the xxx dimension
invasion from the xxx dimension, got it mixed up
>>
>>66351331
>It's a waste of time and doesn't get you anywhere in life.
Perfect example of this tumblr generation "ironically" liking things just to boost their social status like name dropping bands is the equivalent too playing card games too see who has the better deck.

I suggest you do mediation if you wanna get somewhere in life.
>>
>>66351425
this
>>
>>66351331
There's a meme in society of some kind of entrepreneurial post-capitalist industrial-scientific "productivity" thing, and they are expressing the meme because they are demi-conscious memebuoys floating on a slurry sea of currents you can only see if you zoom out
It's exhausting even trying to give an answer to this question. You need to like phenomenologically bracket every single word and write a book explaining that they aren't even people. They aren't even conscious. They aren't even having "opinions". /mu/tants are like robots with human skin stretched over them. To say "they are dismissive of the humanities" is implicitly to admit I think there's a "they". /mu/tants don't even fucking exist. They are a statistical gaseous nebula of random particles wafting across continents and periodically expressing junk they picked up along the way. Why would you even talk to them?
Talking to a /mu/tant is literally like being some kind of Buddha, ascending reality, then coming back down and talking to bees who were dudes in past lives. I'm sure these bee niggas can be saved or whatever, but let's just wait until they're back in human form. Don't walk around going "BEES, STOP BUZZING, PUT DOWN THAT POLLEN, LISTEN TO ME ABOUT HOW EVERY CONCEPTUAL CATEGORY YOU HAVE FOR EVEN THINKING OF THINGS WAS SHAPED FOR YOU BY AN UNCONSCIOUS SLUDGE OF MEMETIC POLYALLOY THAT FLOWS IN PREDICTABLE CURRENTS FROM YEAR TO YEAR THROUGH THE HIVE IN WHICH YOU WERE CONCEIVED"
>>
>>66351432
I do meditation sometimes, I just thought I'd visit this board every once in a while. It kind of sucks that people obsess over entertainment rather than long-term pleasure.
>>
File: 1413494009468.jpg (5 KB, 235x214) Image search: [Google]
1413494009468.jpg
5 KB, 235x214
>>66351331
>Also it seems that during the robo evolution of cops and shit like that you'd get snares and cymbals on their heads instead of guitar.so it makes sense that music is appreciated once.

I don't even care about your opinion that you may or may not be serious about, what the fuck is this even supposed to mean?
>>
>>66351901
Bump because this is a good question
>>
>>66352114
bump for the same reason
>>
File: image.jpg (57 KB, 674x674) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57 KB, 674x674
>>66351847
>entertainment over long term pleasure
You're right, I can't listen to music and be happy in life. Bait more smarter. No one is gonna get angry at something so stupid.
>>
>>66351901
Erratic evaluation inside the head (fedora lady girl)

I've that it led into its heads of voice. erroneous results friend.
>>
>>66352313
You don't know what long-term pleasure is do you?
>>
>>66352366
A one month orgasm
>>
>>66352347
damn...
>>
>>66351331
>It's a waste of time and doesn't get you anywhere in life
So every hobby?
>>
>>66353671
>Sports: healthy body and longer life
>Combat sports: ability to keep yourself safe
>Drawing/writing: possibility to publish your works and sustain yourself
I don't know, unless you are actually producing music which I'm sure /mu/ isn't specialized in the hobby is pretty objectively waste.
>>
>>66353785
>>Sports: healthy body and longer life
>>Combat sports: ability to keep yourself safe

if you actually PLAY them and don't just watch them on TV like 90 percent of dudebro "sports fans". but you have a point.

>>Drawing/writing: possibility to publish your works and sustain yourself

you can do this with music. the bar for success in both music and writing is set extremely low, despite what /lit/fags will tell you about literature being superior to music.

people should be free to decide what they want to do in life, even if some choices have more cons than others. if someone makes a choice that ends up being not good, then they have to figure out how to deal with it.

but you can balance music-listening/making with actual productive stuff enough to make it so it's not a bad choice. and many people would agree that there is a lot of value in music.
>>
>>66353785
>possibility to publish your works and sustain yourself
lots of people do this with music yaknow
>>
>>66355482
Thanks for helpfully pointing out the part that I already included in the last line of my post.
>>
>>66355555
Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiicceeeeee
>>
>>66352366
Killing myself after snorting cocaine?
>>
File: pQo7e8E.jpg (43 KB, 514x536) Image search: [Google]
pQo7e8E.jpg
43 KB, 514x536
>>66351457
>>66353785
>>66351432
>>
>>66355555
Look at all those 5s
>>
>>66357424
Thanks, I try.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.