[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Music confessions
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7
File: Patrician.jpg (70 KB, 250x217) Image search: [Google]
Patrician.jpg
70 KB, 250x217
I don't like Paranoid Android, I think it's the worst song on OK Computer
The Beatles are overrated
Pink Floyd is overrated
Kanye is overrated
Captain Beefheart is shit
>>
I turn to obscure and underground music to cope with my lack of hobbies or skills, so that I seem interesting. Also, dark side of the moon is fucking awful
>>
>>66349995
>The Beatles are overrated
>Pink Floyd is overrated
>Kanye is overrated
>Captain Beefheart is shit
I agree with all these
>>
I like ska punk

I think it's fun music that people hate on way too much
>>
I'd rather listen to EDM than hip hop which itself, is just EDM for wiggers
>>
File: plz.jpg (52 KB, 413x417) Image search: [Google]
plz.jpg
52 KB, 413x417
I enjoy Insane Clown Posse
>>
File: he gets it.png (18 KB, 528x219) Image search: [Google]
he gets it.png
18 KB, 528x219
>>66349995
>>66350197
>>
I havent found Loveless all that great
>>
Welcome to /MIG/ musical ignorance general!

>>66349995
>I don't like Paranoid Android, I think it's the worst song on OK Computer
reasonable
"I never listened to their whole discography"
>Pink Floyd is overrated
"I actually dislike prog in general"
>Kanye is overrated
reasonable
"I only listened to TMR"

>>66350333
what is the 80's and 90's
>>
>>66350415
The decades after the 60s and 70s.

What a strange question.
>>
While I love Five Leaves Left and like Bryter Layter, Pink Moon bores me to tears and I can hardly finish it despite its short length. I feel like I'm supposed to like it but I just don't.
>>
>>66349995
>I don't like Paranoid Android, I think it's the worst song on OK Computer
your taste
true, but they are still pretty good
>Pink Floyd is overrated
true, but they are still pretty good
>Kanye is overrated
true
true
>>
>>66350451
You just don't like the minimalist take at it as compared to his other albums. Reasonable. It is different than his other albums
>>
I don't love Bon Iver. A lot of people rave about how amazing "For Emma, Forever Ago" is, but I don't get it. I mean, I like the album when it's 4 in the morning and I've been awake for far too long, but other than that, it kinda blows.
>>
>>66350415
I have listened to the Beatles entire discography, and I enjoy almost all of it, but it's impossible to ignore the fact that they're overrated.
Same with Pink Floyd, I am a big fan of their music, especially their earlier stuff, and I don't dislike prog, King Crimson, Genesis and Yes are some of my favourite bands
>>
>>66350494
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/For_Emma,_Forever_Ago
>Vernon, then 25, felt his life had spiraled into mediocrity, as though he had lost the sense of purpose he had a half-decade prior. He sensed he had compromised with bandmates and in his personal life. His depression was fueled by indifference, and he decided to get away from Raleigh and return to his hometown. He broke-up with his then-girlfriend, Christy Smith, and tossed his recording equipment into the trunk of his car. He drove home to Eau Claire over eighteen hours through the night.He first stopped at his parents home while they were out. He sat on their couch and felt "claustrophobic" and "super-empty." He returned to the road, in search of silence and hoping to be alone.
>The album was recorded at Vernon's father's remote hunting cabin over late 2006 to early 2007. He abandoned his old songwriting methods and instead focused on wordless melodies that he later set to words, which he felt evoked a more subconscious meaning. The record's lyrical subjects include lost love and mediocrity. His folk-infused songs include heavy choral arrangements, featuring Vernon's falsetto, and horns. He hunted his own food and spent much of his time isolated
makes more sense when you know this
>>
File: the only good music on here.png (138 KB, 1092x576) Image search: [Google]
the only good music on here.png
138 KB, 1092x576
I'm a masochist.
>>
>>66350558
Still don't get the huge love over it, but the subconscious bit may explain why I dig it WAY when I'm terribly tired.
>>
>>66349995
chance the rapperĀ“s like poor mans kanye tbfh he just wants to do that same stuff everyone does but its not recognizable he got no style its just copypaste
>>
>>66350000
>>
I enjoy the sappiest 80s buttrock like Bryan Adams and George Michael
>>
>>66349995
To expand on Captain Beefheart: Trout Mask Replica is the musical equivalent to pretentious drones looking at piles of dog shit in the MOMA and claiming there's something to understand, when it's just a pile of shit.
>>
safe as milk is gud tho
>>
>>66349995
I still like most of those one hit wonders from the mid 90s to early 2000s
>>
File: image.jpg (9 KB, 110x213) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
9 KB, 110x213
>I absolutely love Cardiacs
>I kind of enjoy Blurryface
>I listen to video game osts sometimes
>I hate I Get Wet
>I use Youtube to listen to music sometimes
>>
File: the holy trinity.jpg (54 KB, 600x585) Image search: [Google]
the holy trinity.jpg
54 KB, 600x585
>>66349995
I get all my music through Youtube or Youtube to Mp3
My favored musical style is upbeat and I personally prefer top 40s pop to the majority of melancholic mucore staples
I'd listen to Nicki Minaj's entire discog before having to sit through Kid A or Loveless
Honestly I don't listen to music that much in general
Pop-punk is garbage
>>
File: SwansBand2.jpg (342 KB, 980x980) Image search: [Google]
SwansBand2.jpg
342 KB, 980x980
>>66349995
>bowie's music is pretty standard standard stuff, not too exciting
>the beatles are underrated on this board
>noise music is literally not even music
>blurryface isn't even that bad
>is this it? is pretty good but nothing groundbreaking
>the old boots new dirt meme needs to die
>kanye is neither total shit or a musical genius
>i don't understand swans
>i don't understand anco
>i buy all my music [spoiler]on CD[/spoiler]
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.