[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>I like My Chemical Romance >Oh so you must like Fall
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 9
File: parada blanca.jpg (32 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
parada blanca.jpg
32 KB, 300x300
>I like My Chemical Romance

>Oh so you must like Fall Out Boy and Panic at the Disco as well, right?

Give me more examples of this, /mu/
>>

>Oh, so you must be a faggot as well, right?
>>
>im gay
>oh so you like my chemical romance
>>
File: trigg.jpg (31 KB, 600x354) Image search: [Google]
trigg.jpg
31 KB, 600x354

>Oh so you like metal?
>>
Not relevant anymore but

>I like the Postal Service
>Oh so you must like Owl City then?
>>
>>66346967
literally nothing can be worse than this
>>66346825
>>66346855
>>66346866
>>66346893
also this never happens
>>
>i like alt4-3-590gds
>oh so you must like TTTTTTTT98f8kj:::4
>>
>I like Kanye West
>Oh so you must like fingers in the booty ass bitch as well, right?
>>
>>66347272
>literally nothing can be worse than this
is it wrong to assume that? why?
>>

>So you're the guy that's been stealing from the dumpster outside FYE

You are under arrest
>>
>>66346825
>i like my chemical romance

>oh so you must like dawn of the dead
>>
>Queens of the Stone Age

>every current buttrock band
>>
>mcr

>not mcr
>>
>Weezer

>Smashmouth, Nickelback, Foo Fighters
>>
>

>
>>
This convo happened a few months ago:
Person: so you like metal, how about a7x?
Me: not really my thing.
Person: aw man, what about disturbed?
Me: no sorry.
Person: really? How about slipknot?
Me: can't say I do.
Person: yeah they suck.

I'm always thankful that normies at least recognize that nu metal is shit.
>>
>>66347272
It happened twice. My aunt was asking what I was listening to and I gave her the earphone and she was like "you like metal huh?"

The other one was when I was telling my friend about the mcr's all I want for christmas is you cover and when I gave him a listen he was like "it sounds weird that christmas song is played in metal style"
>>
>I like Radiohead

>...Creep? You must like Coldplay/Muse, right?

Every single time
>>
>>66346967
I'm so happy to see someone mention owl city, you don't even know.

And this will always be relevant to me.
>>
>>66347590
slipknot is patrician music
>>
I can't believe mcr and Owl city were jsut mentioned in the same thread. My 12-13 year old self is rejoicing.
>>
>Yeah I really like Pink Floyd
>They play that one song right? Wish You Were Here? I love that song!

Either that or they mention how they know how to play it on guitar.
>>
>Yeah I really like Pink Floyd
>Hey didn't they make that neat psychedelic album Piper at the Gates of Dawn? Yeah they're pretty sweet.

Fucking faggots don't even know how to play Wish You Were Here on guitar.
>>
>>66347815
Slipknot have a lot of trash but they have some songs which are legitimately very good

Slipknot were one of the first metal bands I got into when I was 14 then as I think everyone does who liked Slipknot when they were younger, you go through a stage where you think they're dogshit and resent having ever liked them, but at 22 I can look back and say they're actually pretty decent and Corey Taylor is a very talented singer.
>>
>>66347793
I mean I hope you know I mean this in the context that
why would somebody ask that I listen to him because he sucks and Postal doesn't
you some kind of grill? only girls ever liked Owl city
>>
>>66347966
Different anon, but I knew some boys who liked owl city. And the postal service might be better, but they really aren't that different.
>>
>>66348022
YES THEY ARE
REEEEEE
>>
>>66347336
>booty ass bitch
wdhmbt?
>>
>>66347876
I hate faggots who can't even play Dogs on the recorder
>>
>>66347590
Most nu metal is shit. SOAD is amazing though
>>
>>66347590
Slipknots better than both. A7x is just pantera/metallica worship but cornier
>>
I like twenty one pilots

>Oh what's your Tumblr username
>>
>>66347876
If only this happened
>>
>>66347910
Yeah Corey Taylor is a really good singer. I especially liked him in Stone Sour
>>
>>66347910
memes aside they are really a great gateway band into heavier stuff if you don't get caught into the loop of buttmetal
>>
>I like Death Grips

>Oh what's your 4chan login name?
>>
>I like death grips

>YOURE A WHITE MALE
>>
>I like Death Grips

>Me too, man
Nice having patrician friends
>>
>>66347336
I always thought ass play was pretty common but this whole commotion is making me realize I'm weird
>>
>>66347700
BUT I'M A CREEP
>>
>I like Death Grips

>Who?
>>
>>66346825
>I like Chemical Brothers
>Oh you mean My Chemical Romance, right?
>>
>>66349670
I have this friend that is always singing Creep to piss me off just because i constantly say i dislike it. I can only imagine how it must feel for poor Thom when people ask "WHERE'S CREEP?!?"
>>
>>66346825
Why do you like My Chemical Romance OP? I never got the hype. It's not a typical normie band, but a lot of normies seem to like it, so wai?
>>
>I like Rage Against the Machine

>Oh, wanna come to the BLM protest with me anon?
>>
>I like Megadeth
>Oh so you don't like Metallica?
>>
>>66347581
truly avant-garde
>>
File: gurhg.jpg (9 KB, 419x397) Image search: [Google]
gurhg.jpg
9 KB, 419x397
>*Insert Death Metal Band*
>Metallica
>>
>>66346825
>dude don diablo lmao
>oh check out this adventure club and other fucking ukf dubstepcore pretty sure you eat shit as long as its electronic shit
please dont do that
>>
>>66346825
Those are my nieces 3 favourite bands at the moment, it makes sense.
>>
Sugar, We're Going Down is better than anything MCR ever did
>>
> "did you have an emo phase"
> "well, emo got big in my area a year or two too late for me, about a year after I graduated high school. I never liked those big "scene" bands, but I do like some early indie emo bands, like..."
> "wait, what? How can a band be both emo and indie rock?"
> "well, there were a bunch of underground punk bands that were basically labelled emo before emo got popular, but it was used in a different sense, like..."
> "like what bands?"
> "there's a band called Sunny Day Real Estate..."
> *shakes head*
> "Cap'n Jazz, Rites of Spring... and there are some newer bands like Ampere"
> "you're a hipster, aren't you?"
"not really. some of these bands are getting really popular, like Touché Amoré and Modern Baseball"
> "Touché Amoré? Edgy lol"
I don't like talking to people about music. It's fun showing people music I know they'll like, so I'll find out what kind of stuff they're into and go off that, but talking about music is a fucking pain. The best thing is showing people who "hate country" country music that's actually good
>>
>"Who is your favorite musician?"
>"David Bowie."
>"XD I love Labyrinth"

Or Space Oddity,or Starman.
>>
>>66350957
And this is why I almost never talk to anyone about music. And the god damn roadie to a band...
What I hate the most is simply this line of conversation that I keep fucking having with people including the band I'm helping:
>"Hey, what music do you listen to?"
>"Oh stuff like Modern Baseball, The Front Bottoms, TOOL, Ornatos Violeta, Black Sabbath, etc. Basically, a bit of everything"
>"So, you don't like GYBE?"
>"uhm, I'm indiferent really"
>"Wow, you taste in music is horrible."

Well, I'm sorry I don't like what you like dipshit, if you want someone to jerk your ego, go back to tumblr and have fun there jerking each others egos off.
>>
>I like metal

>So you're an emo?
>>
>>66351067
>narcissist claims to like [insert popular artist here] to wins "obscure points" with the artsy crowd
>he doesn't really like that artist but just passively engages with their work to appear knowledgable without any deeper appreciation
>think by knowing this artist he's somehow more inclined to give his opinion on music
>tells a socially adjusted person who can appreciate the fact that the artist is hailed by the mainstream and underground and appreciates their work holistically
>that person tells the narcissist that they like [insert universally acclaimed work by the artist]
>the narcissist is stuned, he can't imagine that a "pleb" could enjoy something he, a superior intellectual likes let alone acknowledge the fact that X work is their favourite best by HIS favourite artist
>the narcissist unable to cope runs to the nearedt toiled to take out his top-of-the-line smartphone that his parents bought him and meticulously searches on 4chan's music board where he can vent about his experiences with "plebs" and how his favourite artist is only liked by him
>>
>>66350957
I'm not into county because most of it seems very bland and unoriginal to me, so what kind of country do you show 'country haters'?
>>66351073
Wow normies in your area know GYBE? That's pretty impressive to me.
>>
>>66347590
>thinks disturbed is good
>thinks slipknot sucks
And I though /mu/ had bad taste
>>
>>66351366
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1j46Oa69LZ0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFy05pmbZl8
traditional Appalachian is good too
>>
>>66347336
>Not liking fingers in the booth ass bitches
>Being patrician

Choose only one
>>
>>66349710
Sounds like you don't belong here
>>
File: 1467990674785.jpg (66 KB, 627x429) Image search: [Google]
1467990674785.jpg
66 KB, 627x429
> Mr. Bungle and Beefheart are two of your favorite artists? Damn, you must be an exclusively pop-hating spork lover with autism and no gf!
>>
>>66351660
>with autism and no gf
Well you're on 4chan so they're probably right about this bit
>>
>>66351278
It's not worth it lad
>>
>>66351700
But both are true, anon! See, this is the very point I'm making!
>>
>>66347876
This convo hasn't happened since at the latest 1972 tbqh
>>
>>66351278
You took too much effort here bub
>>
File: Fall-Out-Boy-BW.jpg (248 KB, 2000x1125) Image search: [Google]
Fall-Out-Boy-BW.jpg
248 KB, 2000x1125
I will never end up like him...
Behind my back I already am.
What did they mean by this?
>>
File: Take This to Your Grave Cover.jpg (80 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
Take This to Your Grave Cover.jpg
80 KB, 600x600
>doesn't like the finest album of the genre
plebbus maximus
>>
>>66347876
>>66347843
heh
>>
>>66352435
>not Folie à Deux
pleb
>>
File: endit.png (449 KB, 478x449) Image search: [Google]
endit.png
449 KB, 478x449
>hey have you ever heard of My Bloody Valentine?
>Bullet for my Valentine? Nah, not really my thing
>>
>>66352460

This.
>>
Weezer: Loser
Beck: The Sweater Song
>>
>>66349726
I'm not the OP, but are you asking why a lot of normies like MCR? They were just generally popular among a large subset of teens and 20-somethings about a decade ago. They were played a lot on the radio, etc.
>>
>>66350957
Do you consider Touché Amoré Indie Emo? That would fit better to La Dispute, they have more emotional Songs.
>>
>>66352928
No, I don't consider them indie emo. The reason I would bring them up is because in the exchange I described, I wanted to make a distinction between early emo and "scene" bands. Indie/Midwest Emo (Cap'n Jazz, SDRE) is on the early emo side, and is carried on by bands like Modern Baseball and Glocca Morra. Skramz is also on the early emo side (Heroin, Envy, Portraits of Past, I Hate Myself), and is carried on by bands like Touché Amoré and Ampere. Emocore (Rites of Spring, Dag Nasty, The Nation of Ulysses) is of course also early emo, and is carried on by bands like Hot Water Music, Planes Mistaken for Stars, and At the Drive-In. I find these musical strands very distinct from "scene" genres like emo-pop (Fall Out Boy, My Chemical Romance, The Used), faux-screamo metalcore (Underoath, From Autumn to Ashes, From First to Last, Escape the Fate), and crunkcore (Blood On the Dance Floor, Falling in Reverse), and given my fondness for the former and my contempt/distaste for the latter, I feel the distinction between these musical traditions ought to be emphasized.
>>
File: el balde feeling men.png (27 KB, 620x743) Image search: [Google]
el balde feeling men.png
27 KB, 620x743
>>66352585
>about a decade ago

It feels like my MCR phase was only yesterday.
>>
>>66347832
Your 12 yo self is a little bitch.
>>
File: tomdelongeblink182boxcarracer.jpg (11 KB, 216x299) Image search: [Google]
tomdelongeblink182boxcarracer.jpg
11 KB, 216x299
> tfw nobody likes admitting where the "scene kid" look actually started
>>
>>66353854
Ikr? We're getting older with every passing second, anon.

>>66353897
>expecting a 12 y/o to have good taste in music
>ever

>insulting a child's taste in music on a Mongolian card collecting board
>>
>>66354012
>insulting a child's taste in music on a Mongolian card collecting board
Touché Amoré
>>
>>66347966
>>66348022
>>66346967

Adam is from just outside my home town. During his big Top40 prime it was awful. He did a homecoming concert years ago and it was all anyone was talking about
Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.