[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there a tier list for EDM? Obviously there's easily
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: iE7O2aM.jpg (275 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
iE7O2aM.jpg
275 KB, 1920x1080
Is there a tier list for EDM?

Obviously there's easily manufactured easily digestible genres like Dubstep and Trap, but what are the truly patrician genres of EDM

inb4
>edm
>patrician

go fuck yourselves im asking people who care
>>
>>66346212
'''''''''''EDM'''''''''''' started with brostep and then theres been big room house, trap, shitty prog house and laughable deep house.

Thats about the only choices.
>>
>>66346212
>>66347076
There's trance

Was good in the 90's
Even up until the mid 2000's even
>>
>>66347321
90s trance was a lot more interesting than the current trend with the variations of goa and psy etc but yeah, its as close to EDM pre EDC/Ultra Music Festival
>>
>edm
>patrician
>>>/b/ is the other way anon
>>
I have a soft spot for a lot of house stuff, it's fun to listen to at the gym.

I just can't stand that generic FL preset buildup/drop stuff with those fuzzy synth lines, they make my skin crawl
>>
>>66347376
>hip hop
>rock
>pop
>patrician
>>>/b/ go back there
>>
File: 1340990881999.jpg (2 MB, 3948x1504) Image search: [Google]
1340990881999.jpg
2 MB, 3948x1504
>>
File: perturbator dngerous days.png (367 KB, 401x399) Image search: [Google]
perturbator dngerous days.png
367 KB, 401x399
>>66346212
try dark house, synth, synth wave, stuff in that area theres stuff out there, a lot of less well know stuff so go looking. only just found carpenter brut, and perturbator, kavinsky has a few tracks with more of an electronic feel.
some of the darker toned stuff is not so good to dance to, but if you get something with a driving beat to it, you can just go nuts and flail around
>>
>>66347552
Great band, but are they really EDM?
>>
Most on here will say it's IDM but I like the vibes Trance and Prog house have.
>>
>>66347571
THIS

These are '''EDM'''

http://djmag.com/top100dj
>>
>>66347601
EDM is'nt all electronic music, EDM is just Electric Daisy Carnival and Ultra Music Festival stuff
>>
>>66347571
kavinsky? no, not at all, but they have some elements and the darker more driving sound is a dip in the dark house water, and thats more electronic.
>>66347531
has a pretty good list, I prefer daft punks human after all, ladytron is interesting, depeche mode, has some good stuff, flying lotus too,
>>
>>66347625
I was obviously talking about Perturbator
>>
>>66347630
It's not quite the "EDM" that >>66347602 was talking about. but OP seemed to be wanting other branches of the electronic music scene, preferably stuff that you can dance to. I figured I'd throw a few I like out there, give some ideas of where to start looking
>>
Sebastian and most french house
>>
EDM fucking sucks
>>
that depends
are you talking about """"""""""""EDM"""""""""""" or any electronic dance music
>>
>>66346212

Isn't EDM just a retarded American term that's meant to cover all electronic music, or does it now strictly mean entry level mainstream Brostep tier shit for wiggers and retarded college kids?
>>
>>66348005
Yes
>>
>>66347625
Ladytron sucks. Kavinsky falls into French house imo. Love ed banger stuff though.
>>
>>66346212
Don't into edm
Go French house and chill step
>>
>>66347492
When did I imply that, silly boy?
>>
>>66348005
It's the new "techno"
>>
This seems like a good thread to ask, what do you guys think of Siriusmo? I relistened to Mosiak again and I forgot how good it was.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.