[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is /mu/'s opinion on Slayer?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 5
File: Slayer!.jpg (118 KB, 1401x788) Image search: [Google]
Slayer!.jpg
118 KB, 1401x788
What is /mu/'s opinion on Slayer?
>>
edgelords who make dumb music
i bet they're trump supporters
>>
dude god hates us all lmao

metal for people who can't handle black metal just yet
>>
two good albums, one of which is my second favorite ever
>>
>>66341689
They're very conservative, so probably.

Not that there is anything wrong with supporting Trump.
Now, if they were Hillary supporters I'd be worried
>>
>>66341718
that being said, theyre an alright band.
>>
Mr. King needs to accept that he can't write lyrics and give the job to Tom "A bullet for every Moor" Araya already.
>>
>>66341734
Reign in Blood and/or Seasons in the Abyss?
>>
>>66341739
>Not that there is anything wrong with supporting Trump.

Yikes.
>>
>>66341718
>metal for people who can't handle black metal just yet
dumbest post i've seen all day
>>
>>66341739
Shithead redneck detected.
>>
>>66341797
I guess you cant handle black metal just yet.
>>
Loved them as a teen, still really like show no mercy through seasons.

Gave a playthrough of everything since but nothing catches me like their early stuff.
>>
>>66341652
Memetal band for memepeople with meme """""""""""""taste""""""""""""""", Rammstein is far better electro metal band
>>
>>66341823
>electro metal

you could have at least used ministry or nitzer ebb as your comparison, fucking pleb.
>>
I like some songs, but there's generally only a single song I like in an entire album.
They're alright I guess. I won a blowjob from a qt metalhead grill by beating Raining Blood in guitar hero at a party.

Also, someone will seriously reply to @66341823
ah, fuck it already happened
>>
>>66341823
>Faggot who spends to much time on the """""""""""""internet""""""""""""""
>>
I really liked them when I was 15/16 but now I think they're one of the most overrated metal bands ever. A few great songs but too formulaic and fundamentally uninteresting for me (but that's also the same for lots of thrash and metal in general for me)
>>
>>66341912
Don't worry, you'll turn 18 in a few months.
>>
>>66341794
>>66341807
You can not, unironically tell me you support Hillary.
I'm being genuine. Do you?
>>
>>66341958
They're both fucking horrible.

Gary Johnson ftw.
>>
someone build a wall around /pol/ already
>>
>>66342003
The only acceptable answer.
I didn't know you were a Johnson fan.

Johnson > Trump > literally anyone else > Clinton
>>
seasons in the abyss captures this fantastically apocalyptic vibe. great band.
>>
>>66342040
Agreed. Bye bye.
>>
>>66342003
>>66342083
>However, Gov. Johnson recognizes that the right of a woman to choose is the law of the land
DROPPED
>>
>Paranoid Android
>4 pussy ass riffs in 6 minutes

>Altar Of Sacrifice
>10 riffs which all kick ass in less than 3 minutes

Not sure about all their albums, but Reign In Blood is the peak of post-50s music that started with Rock n Roll. Bands that try to have complex arrangements like Beatles/Beach Boys or prog bands or Radiohead or w/e mucore this place likes falls short of the classical/jazz music it tries to emulate. Stupid shit like ITAOTS tries to capture a more traditional folk feel but doesn't feel anywhere near that genuine to the type of music it tries to be. Reign In Blood doesn't try to be like the inferior version of something else rather it becomes the perfection of music that is actually fresh and of this time than the watered down version of superior music from the past.

The viscerality of post-50s music at its best. Among the most patrician pieces of music alongside Mass In B Minor and The Black Saint And The Sinner Lady.
>>
reign in blood is fucking awesome. south of heaven and season in the abyss as well.

they've gone to shit now though, going through the motions, but they need a paycheck.
>>
File: b82.png (93 KB, 1198x1200) Image search: [Google]
b82.png
93 KB, 1198x1200
>>66342238
>>
>>66342239
I really liked Christ Illusion too. Which just happens to have Dave Lombardo back as drummer.

All their best albums had him on drums... Coincidence? Nope.
>>
>>66342283
Sure...keep listening to stale attempts at some pop classical instead of liking music that does what it does actually well.
>>
>>66341652
absolute garbage band mate
>>
Loved the early shit. Reign in Blood had its moments. 90's stuff is OK. Good band overall, but there's definitely other thrash bands that deserve just as much recognition.
>>
>>66342440
Like which bands? I can only think of Megadeth
>>
>>66342283
He brings up a lot of good points.
>>
>>66342440
I'd like to hear you name 3 that did as much for thrash as Slayer.
Also 00s Slayer > 90s Slayer
>>
>>66342466
Exodus
>>
>>66342470
80s Slayer >>> 90s Slayer >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> dog shit >>>>> AIDS > 00s-10s Slayer
>>
Raining Blood has that guitar outro which has always sounded like pure fucking insanity to me.
>>
>>66342515
Are you insinuating that Divine Intervention is better than World Painted Blood? Surely you can't actually believe that. I doubt you even listened to the latest album, and if you did, you certainly didn't hear it twice.
>>
absolutely dreadful, I wish they didn't exist
>>
>>66342547
I believe every album after Seasons is capable of being an audio torture method for prisoners at Guantanamo.
>>
>>66342550
Why tho? First few albums were GOAT
>>
>>66342573
Evidently there are many albums you have never heard, including every Slayer album after Seasons.
>>
/pol/ you are on the wrong board
>>
>>66342807
>Slayer = /pol/

Is this some meme I've never seen before?
>>
>>66341823
What makes Slayer electro metal
>>
>>66341765
Reign in Blood > Hell Awaits > everything else I've heard from them
>>
File: bait.jpg (209 KB, 756x1100) Image search: [Google]
bait.jpg
209 KB, 756x1100
>>66341689

nice try
>>
File: RIPJeff.jpg (283 KB, 2000x1333) Image search: [Google]
RIPJeff.jpg
283 KB, 2000x1333
Wonder how many ever actually saw what his arm looked like after the infection.
Feels fucking bad man. No matter what your opinion of Slayer is, no musician or person for that matter deserves that shit.

RIP Jeff
>>
File: tumblr.png (308 KB, 546x700) Image search: [Google]
tumblr.png
308 KB, 546x700
>>66341794
>yikes

back2tumblr
>>
>>66342603
Nope. I started listening to Slayer about 12 years ago. I gave every album a fair shot.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.